President Trump laid out a three-phase process for governors to lead their states out of economic lockdown even as his scientific advisers described a “new normal” in which the public would have to
President Donald Trump on Thursday announced new guidelines for reopening America after the peak of the coronavirus crisis.
Fauci says not all U.S. states will enter coronavirus reopening phases quickly During the White House coronavirus task force briefing in which the three reopening phases of the U.S. were outlined,
The guidelines released by the president effectively mean that any restoration of American society will take place on a patchwork basis.
The president has promised enhanced testing and monitoring capabilities, thousands of ventilators and millions of masks. Here’s a status report.
Everything you need to know about coronavirus, including the latest news, how it is impacting our lives, and how to prepare and protect yourself.
The coronavirus pandemic has shown how close to the edge many Americans were living, with pay and benefits eroding even as corporate profits surged.
President Donald Trump said Thursday that some states would be able to reopen as soon as Friday, provided they met the requirements.
Trump lost the game of chicken over when to reopen states.
The guidance lists a set of criteria — such as testing and hospital capacity — for local leaders to use in making their decisions.
President Donald Trump unveiled new guidelines on Thursday meant to help states loosen their social distancing restrictions, but in a retreat from his onetime claim of "absolute authority" to resta
President Donald Trump praised truckers at the White House on Thursday, thanking them for keeping the American supply chains up and running.
More than 97% of the US population is currently under a stay-at-home or shelter-in-place order as the coronavirus pandemic continues to upend life as we know it. But worries for the economy -- and
“We’re starting our life again,” Trump said during his daily press briefing. “We’re starting rejuvenation of our economy again.”
Seven Midwestern governors announced Thursday that they will coordinate on reopening their state economies, after similar pacts were made earlier this week in the Northeast and on the West Coast
President Trump says he will defer to governors about lifting restrictions. At least 30,000 patients have died, and 22 million Americans have filed for unemployment in four weeks.
This story was constructed with the SHARI Process:
- The StoryGraph Toolkit extracted URIs from the biggest story of the day from the StoryGraph service
- Hypercane performed the following steps:
- It accepted the list of original resource URIs from the output of the StoryGraph Toolkit, and queried the Memento Aggregator to find as many mementos as possible
- For resources that were not already mementos, it submitted them to web archives with ArchiveNow
- It analyzed all mementos to automatically discover the most frequent sumgrams and named entities present in the overall story
- It analyzed all images in these mementos to automatically select the best image for the overall story
- It then formatted the data for the story based on all of this input
- Raintale took the input from Hypercane and rendered the final product with information supplied by MementoEmbed