President Trump announced the federal government would be distributing $19 billion in relief funds to U.S. farmers to help them cope with the economic downturn from the COVID-19 pandemic.
The president’s stark departure from his message on Thursday night, when he announced guidelines for governors to reopen their states and said they would “call your own shots,” suggested he was ced
Congress has left it to the Federal Reserve to come to companies’ rescue, but the program may not be enough.
Everything you need to know about coronavirus, including the latest news, how it is impacting our lives, and how to prepare and protect yourself.
More than six weeks after the first coronavirus deaths in a nursing home, outbreaks unfold across the country. About a fifth of U.S. virus deaths are linked to nursing facilities.
Trump urged the "liberation" of Minnesota, Michigan and Virginia, three Democrat-led states where protesters are defying safety measures intended to stop the spread of the coronavirus.
Over the past month, the president has shifted his public assurances about coronavirus testing no fewer than five times.
New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo says he's thanked President Trump enough for federal efforts but will still need more assistance in reopening the state of New York.
President Donald Trump's plan to reopen the country lacks a strategy for nationwide testing, something he's long-resisted.
Family members should not touch the body of a loved one who dies at home of suspected COVID-19 infection.
The White House on Friday said that states have enough coronavirus tests to be able to enter the first phase of its plan for reopening the economy.
Vice President Mike Pence said Friday that states have enough test for the coronavirus to reopen their economies, pushing back against criticisms that the administration has failed to sufficiently
President Donald Trump announced a $19 billion relief program for U.S. farmers suffering under the coronavirus Friday.
Democratic Minnesota Gov. Tim Walz is reportedly seeking clarification from President Donald Trump about the president’s “Liberate Minnesota” tweet Friday.
A stylist attending the protest outside of Gov. Tim Walz’s residence on Friday said her daughter is not getting the schooling they paid for.
Hundreds of protesters gathered in front of Minnesota Gov. Tim Walz’s (D) residence on Friday to demand the end of the stay-at-home orders.
Washington Gov. Jay Inslee (D) accused President Donald Trump of encouraging "illegal and dangerous acts" that could lead to "violence."
The president issued calls to ‘LIBERATE’ states, and several announced plans to ease restrictions. At least 7,000 of the virus deaths in the U.S. are connected to nursing homes.
The Trump administration sought Friday to alleviate fears about the availability of mass testing for the coronavirus, with Vice President Mike Pence telling reporters that states "have enough tests
This story was constructed with the SHARI Process:
- The StoryGraph Toolkit extracted URIs from the biggest story of the day from the StoryGraph service
- Hypercane performed the following steps:
- It accepted the list of original resource URIs from the output of the StoryGraph Toolkit, and queried the Memento Aggregator to find as many mementos as possible
- For resources that were not already mementos, it submitted them to web archives with ArchiveNow
- It analyzed all mementos to automatically discover the most frequent sumgrams and named entities present in the overall story
- It analyzed all images in these mementos to automatically select the best image for the overall story
- It then formatted the data for the story based on all of this input
- Raintale took the input from Hypercane and rendered the final product with information supplied by MementoEmbed