Trump's spokesperson responded to the new gag order issued against the former president by blaming President Biden and claiming that a knife has been stuck in the heart of democracy.
Judge Chutkan has taken away one of Trump's main PR strategies by stopping him from smearing court officials, Jack Smith, and witnesses.
President Trump on Monday afternoon responded to Judge Tanya Chutkan’s gag order.
John Oliver pointed out that Republicans are in the state that they are in because they spent years not keeping their extremists in check, and now those extremists want to destroy them.
The order bars him from attacking witnesses, court staff members and specific prosecutors or their families.
U.S. District Judge Tanya Chutkan told the coup-attempting former president that his status as a presidential candidate does not give him special privileges
Judge Tanya Chutkan partially granted special counsel Jack Smith's motion to restrict the presidential candidate's speech after prosecutors raised Trump's threats.
A federal judge on Monday issued a gag order on former President Donald Trump, limiting what he can say about special counsel Jack Smith’s federal prosecution into his alleged attempt to subvert in the 2020 presidential election.
Judge Tanya Chutkan sided with prosecutors on Monday to place a gag order on former President Donald Trump in the case related to January 6.
Judge Tanya Chutkan said Trump's “presidential candidacy does not give him carte blanche to vilify … public servants who are simply doing their job.”
This story was constructed with the SHARI Process:
- The StoryGraph Toolkit extracted URIs from the biggest story of the day from the StoryGraph service
- Hypercane performed the following steps:
- It accepted the list of original resource URIs from the output of the StoryGraph Toolkit, and queried the Memento Aggregator to find as many mementos as possible
- For resources that were not already mementos, it submitted them to web archives with ArchiveNow
- It analyzed all mementos to automatically discover the most frequent sumgrams and named entities present in the overall story
- It analyzed all images in these mementos to automatically select the best image for the overall story
- It then formatted the data for the story based on all of this input
- Raintale took the input from Hypercane and rendered the final product with information supplied by MementoEmbed