After Sen. Bob Menendez was indicted for bribery, and refused to resign, Rep. Andy Kim (D-NJ) has announced a primary campaign to challenge him for his Senate seat.
Democratic National Committee (DNC) chair Jaime Harrison said he thinks “history will show” House Speaker Kevin McCarthy (R-Calif.) as “the most inept Speaker of the House in my lifetime.” Harrison…
Speaker Kevin McCarthy has turned to a strategy that so far has preserved his tenuous hold on House leadership, but also marked his tenure by chaos.
When the annual allotment of up to $1.3 billion faltered even a sliver, Egypt found an ally in Senator Robert J. Menendez, who on Friday was indicted on bribery charges tied to Egypt.
Menendez was indicted for accepting bribes Friday.
Kim was the first Democrat from the New Jersey congressional delegation to say the senator should step down.
This story was constructed with the SHARI Process:
- The StoryGraph Toolkit extracted URIs from the biggest story of the day from the StoryGraph service
- Hypercane performed the following steps:
- It accepted the list of original resource URIs from the output of the StoryGraph Toolkit, and queried the Memento Aggregator to find as many mementos as possible
- For resources that were not already mementos, it submitted them to web archives with ArchiveNow
- It analyzed all mementos to automatically discover the most frequent sumgrams and named entities present in the overall story
- It analyzed all images in these mementos to automatically select the best image for the overall story
- It then formatted the data for the story based on all of this input
- Raintale took the input from Hypercane and rendered the final product with information supplied by MementoEmbed