Donald Trump has made it official. He is rejecting democracy and skipping the first Republican debate in favor of an interview with Tucker Carlson.
But sources indicate no final decision has been reached, and cautioned Trump can always change his mind.
Trump may do more than an interview with Tucker Carlson to upstage the Fox News debate. He may also surrender in Georgia on Wednesday.
Interviews in the first-in-the-nation GOP caucus state showed that Republicans across the party spectrum see the indictments as largely politically-motivated, even as prosecutors have defended the integrity of the cases.
The GOP’s first 2024 debate is next week in Milwaukee. And while several campaigns told CNN they have spent weeks preparing, the 800-pound gorilla in the room will be the person who may not be there at all – Donald Trump.
As others defend the coup-attempting former president and criticize the prosecutors, the former vice president’s remarks stand out.
Former President Donald Trump will skip the first Republican National Committee (RNC) primary debate, according to reports.
Bill Barr warned that Trump “wants to weaponize" the Justice Department. He failed to mention that Trump already tried to do that — during Barr’s tenure.
Mr. Christie needled his higher-polling rivals while campaigning in their home state of Florida.
The former president’s apparent decision to skip the first debate is a major affront both to the Republican National Committee and to Fox News, which is hosting the event.
President Trump will skip the first Republican primary debate and sit down for an online interview with Tucker Carlson instead, according to the New York Times.
Several high-profile candidates may not appear on stage for the first Republican presidential primary debate on Wednesday, according to The Wall Street Journal.
Many Americans believe the political system is broken. A Post analysis examined the forces fueling the sense that government fails to represent the people.
Former President Donald Trump is planning to sit for an interview with Daily Caller co-founder Tucker Carlson instead of appearing in the GOP primary debate.
When conspiracy theorist Alex Jones marched his way to the US Capitol on January 6, 2021, riling up his legion of supporters, an unassuming middle-aged man in a red “Trump 2020” hat conspicuously tagged along.
Former President Donald Trump is planning to skip the first Republican presidential debate on Wednesday and is instead expected to sit for an interview with former Fox News Host Tucker Carlson, multiple sources familiar with his plans tell CNN.
The debate stage may get one more reshuffle.
This story was constructed with the SHARI Process:
- The StoryGraph Toolkit extracted URIs from the biggest story of the day from the StoryGraph service
- Hypercane performed the following steps:
- It accepted the list of original resource URIs from the output of the StoryGraph Toolkit, and queried the Memento Aggregator to find as many mementos as possible
- For resources that were not already mementos, it submitted them to web archives with ArchiveNow
- It analyzed all mementos to automatically discover the most frequent sumgrams and named entities present in the overall story
- It analyzed all images in these mementos to automatically select the best image for the overall story
- It then formatted the data for the story based on all of this input
- Raintale took the input from Hypercane and rendered the final product with information supplied by MementoEmbed