US Attorney General Merrick Garland announced that US Attorney for aware David Weiss was appointed Special Counsel in the Hunter Biden investigation.
Reps. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, Jerry Nadler, Jamie Raskin, Hank Johnson, and Ted Lieu wrote to the Department of Justice urging Attorney General Garland to open an investigation into Justice Clarence Thomas.
House Judiciary Committee Chair Jim Jordan (R-OH) said through a spokesperson that David Weiss isn't the right person to be Hunter Biden special counsel and can't be trusted.
Speaker of the House Kevin McCarthy accused President Biden of obstruction after the Department of Justice named a special counsel for the Hunter Biden case just as Republicans wanted.
Last year, several GOP lawmakers called on the Justice Department to appoint a special counsel, but now they say David Weiss compromised.
We're being told that Hunter Biden facing a special counsel is creating "optics" that are "problematic" for the White House. But what does that mean?
The attorney general said he decided to elevate David C. Weiss after the prosecutor informed him that the powers of a special counsel were necessary to continue the investigation.
House Republicans are seemingly unified in condemning David Weiss’s appointment as a special counsel in the Hunter Biden investigation.
Attorney General Merrick Garland appointed U.S. Attorney David Weiss of Delaware as special counsel in the investigation into Hunter Biden’s tax case and overseas business dealings.
President Biden's son may face a trial during the reelection battle — at a time when Democrats want to highlight Trump's own legal troubles.
Fox News host Laura Ingraham blasted the Department of Justice over the “shameless” assignment of David Weiss as special counsel Friday.
A sudden new twist in the investigation into Hunter Biden means his legal tribulations will likely stretch on for months, creating an unwelcome new drag on his father’s White House and reelection bid.
CNN anchor Jake Tapper said Friday on "CNN News Central" that Republicans had "legitimate questions" about Attorney General Merrick Garland’s decision to appoint David and Weiss as special counsel to investigate Hunter Biden. | Clips
The moderate Republican's swing seat is at the center of the battle for control of Congress.
The White House was privately frustrated by the appointment of a special counsel. But Republicans were, too.
This story was constructed with the SHARI Process:
- The StoryGraph Toolkit extracted URIs from the biggest story of the day from the StoryGraph service
- Hypercane performed the following steps:
- It accepted the list of original resource URIs from the output of the StoryGraph Toolkit, and queried the Memento Aggregator to find as many mementos as possible
- For resources that were not already mementos, it submitted them to web archives with ArchiveNow
- It analyzed all mementos to automatically discover the most frequent sumgrams and named entities present in the overall story
- It analyzed all images in these mementos to automatically select the best image for the overall story
- It then formatted the data for the story based on all of this input
- Raintale took the input from Hypercane and rendered the final product with information supplied by MementoEmbed