The Court ruled 6-3.
Advocates see another path — if the administration is willing to take it.
The Republican-majority court announced its highly anticipated decision in 303 Creative LLC v. Elenis.
The Supreme Court’s decision on student loan cancellation does not change programs that help public servants and low-income or disabled borrowers.
The Supreme Court on Friday ruled in favor of a Christian web designer in Colorado who cited religious objections in refusing to create websites to celebrate same-sex weddings.
The Supreme Court Friday ruled in favor of a Christian web designer in Colorado who refuses to create websites to celebrate same-sex weddings out of religious objections.
In a 6-3 decision, the court’s conservative majority ruled that Biden’s effort to erase roughly $400 billion of student debt was an illegal use of executive power.
The high court ruled that a Christian web designer has a right to offer design services for opposite-sex weddings while refusing those services for same-sex weddings.
A leading scholar on critical race theory takes a look back at Clarence Thomas’ confirmation hearing — and how that set the stage for the unraveling of affirmative action today.
The conservative majority ruled 6-3 for the evangelical Christian graphic artist.
The Supreme Court on Friday blocked the Biden administration’s student debt relief plan in a 6-3 decision, stopping more than 40 million borrowers from receiving loan forgiveness and delivering a m…
Justice Sonia Sotomayor blasted the Supreme Court’s 6-3 decision to back a Christian wedding website designer’s choice not to provide services to gay couples, calling the decision “profoundly wrong…
The Supreme Court sided with a Christian graphic designer Thursday, striking down a Colorado law that would compel her to create websites for same-sex couples.
The US Supreme Court on Friday CRUSHED Joe Biden’s student loan bailout program.
The US Supreme Court on Friday ruled in favor of a Colorado-based Christian web designer who doesn’t want to make LGBTQ wedding sites.
Get ready now to resume (or start) paying back your student loans.
The court's Republican majority ruled against the Biden administration's plan, over Democratic dissent that called out the majority's overreach.
The program would have benefited 43 million Americans at a cost of $400 billion.
WASHINGTON (AP) — In a defeat for gay rights, the Supreme Court’s conservative majority ruled Friday that a Christian graphic artist who wants to design wedding websites can refuse to […]
The Supreme Court held Friday that the State of Colorado cannot force a website designer to create messages that support same-sex marriages.
This story was constructed with the SHARI Process:
- The StoryGraph Toolkit extracted URIs from the biggest story of the day from the StoryGraph service
- Hypercane performed the following steps:
- It accepted the list of original resource URIs from the output of the StoryGraph Toolkit, and queried the Memento Aggregator to find as many mementos as possible
- For resources that were not already mementos, it submitted them to web archives with ArchiveNow
- It analyzed all mementos to automatically discover the most frequent sumgrams and named entities present in the overall story
- It analyzed all images in these mementos to automatically select the best image for the overall story
- It then formatted the data for the story based on all of this input
- Raintale took the input from Hypercane and rendered the final product with information supplied by MementoEmbed