China has called comments by U_S_ President Joe Biden referring to Chinese leader Xi Jinping as a dictator “extremely absurd and irresponsible.”
I hear that the Chinese are going to add the image of Antony Blinken to the dictionary definition of “Kow Tow.” He went to Beijing, hat in hand, and received a less than warm welcome.
Beijing on Wednesday bashed President Biden’s description of China’s President Xi Jinping as a dictator during remarks to donors as “extremely absurd and irresponsible.” At a fundraising event in C…
A strategic friendship, with the US caught between.
The words come a day after Secretary of State Antony Blinken concluded a visit to Beijing that sought to break the ice in a relationship that has hit a low.
He was discussing the winter spy balloon incident.
This story was constructed with the SHARI Process:
- The StoryGraph Toolkit extracted URIs from the biggest story of the day from the StoryGraph service
- Hypercane performed the following steps:
- It accepted the list of original resource URIs from the output of the StoryGraph Toolkit, and queried the Memento Aggregator to find as many mementos as possible
- For resources that were not already mementos, it submitted them to web archives with ArchiveNow
- It analyzed all mementos to automatically discover the most frequent sumgrams and named entities present in the overall story
- It analyzed all images in these mementos to automatically select the best image for the overall story
- It then formatted the data for the story based on all of this input
- Raintale took the input from Hypercane and rendered the final product with information supplied by MementoEmbed