In a letter, Treasury Secretary Janet Yellen wrote that the new date when the US will run out of money is June 5.
In a new letter, the DOJ argues that E. Jean Carroll's amended defamation complaint renders their position moot on the need to represent Trump.
Speaker Kevin McCarthy keeps trying to blame Democrats for spending, but White House Press Secretary Karine Jean-Pierre brought the facts.
The negotiations between President Biden and Speaker Kevin McCarthy (R-Calif.) on raising the debt limit has put the Senate in the backseat, fueling anxiety among the upper chamber’s conserva…
Donald Trump Jr. was apparently trying to criticize presidential candidate Ron DeSantis but instead slammed his dad.
Top Democrats and Republicans sent strong signals Friday night that they’re nearing an elusive agreement on a debt-ceiling increase to prevent an economy-rattling government default. While ne…
In the debt ceiling fight, House Freedom Caucus members thought they were running the show. Now they're learning otherwise. They're not taking it well.
The Treasury secretary, who considered ways to contain the fallout of a default when she was a Fed official in 2011, had urged Democrats to raise the limit while they still had control of Congress.
President Joe Biden is out of town again as debt ceiling talks enter their final days.
With a June 5 deadline looming, there is much to be done to prevent the default that leaders of both parties said would never happen.
What day is it, anyway? As talks drag on, the situation is getting painful for everyone from the negotiators to the tourists on Capitol Hill.
As the debt ceiling talks grind on, House Democrats are increasingly disillusioned with President Joe Biden's leadership.
Treasury Secretary Janet Yellen announced Friday the government could breach its debt limit on June 5 if a debt deal is not reached in time.
Both sides predict an agreement could soon come together as they race to meet the new June 5 deadline.
This story was constructed with the SHARI Process:
- The StoryGraph Toolkit extracted URIs from the biggest story of the day from the StoryGraph service
- Hypercane performed the following steps:
- It accepted the list of original resource URIs from the output of the StoryGraph Toolkit, and queried the Memento Aggregator to find as many mementos as possible
- For resources that were not already mementos, it submitted them to web archives with ArchiveNow
- It analyzed all mementos to automatically discover the most frequent sumgrams and named entities present in the overall story
- It analyzed all images in these mementos to automatically select the best image for the overall story
- It then formatted the data for the story based on all of this input
- Raintale took the input from Hypercane and rendered the final product with information supplied by MementoEmbed