House Republicans are warning that any watered-down debt limit deal could collapse the GOP majority, which would make it certain that somebody would try to remove Speaker Kevin McCarthy.
Matt Schlapp was described as a cancer in a letter of resignation from the treasurer of the organization behind CPAC, as tales of mismanagement of money and people are emerging.
Rep. Jim Jordan (R-OH) said that House Republicans are working on legislation to defund the FBI.
Ken Paxton might finally be held accountable — and it could surface Republican divisions.
Hakeem Jeffries, the New Yorker who succeeded Nancy Pelosi this year as the House’s top Democrat, is getting a trial by fire.
The Republican-led House committee said Ken Paxton’s abuses of office rose to the level of possible crimes that warranted an impeachment vote.
The group was already unlikely to support a final bipartisan deal, but lingering anger with Kevin McCarthy could have lasting implications on his speakership.
Negotiators have made real progress recently on spending and energy permitting — two planks of a potential deal.
A briefing outlined the governor’s path to securing the nomination.
Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis’s presidential campaign has raked in $8.2 million in the first 24 hours since it launched, The Hill has learned. The governor’s campaign team confirmed a New York Ti…
Former House Speaker Newt Gingrich said on Thursday that he’s “moderately optimistic” about where the ongoing debt limit negotiations sit. During an appearance on WABC 770 AM’s “Cats & Co…
Gov. Ron DeSantis's (R-FL) presidential campaign claimed it raised $8.2 million in the first 24 hours after its launch.
Gov. Katie Hobbs's (D-AZ) chief of staff resigned Thursday in the latest high-profile resignation to plague her administration.
The White House is refusing to negotiate on work requirements for welfare services as part of the negotiations to raise the debt ceiling, a key Republican red line in coming to a compromise.
A Texas House Republican led investigation has recommended that state Attorney General Ken Paxton be impeached.
The GOP is betting Americans will blame Biden and Democrats for a potential default on the nation’s debt, even as Republicans brag about being hostage-takers.
The details were not finalized, but negotiators were discussing a compromise that would allow Republicans to point to spending reductions and Democrats to say they had prevented large cuts.
The White House is following a policy of restraint when it comes to publicly fighting with Republicans.
South Carolina Sen. Tim Scott (R) on Thursday warned against a divided GOP, cautioning that Democrats could “weaponize” Republican candidates’ words against each other as they campaign for the Whit…
Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis' campaign raised $8.2 million since his highly anticipated presidential announcement on Twitter Wednesday evening.
House Speaker Kevin McCarthy is pushing for deep spending cuts and other concessions from the left in exchange for lifting the debt ceiling.
This story was constructed with the SHARI Process:
- The StoryGraph Toolkit extracted URIs from the biggest story of the day from the StoryGraph service
- Hypercane performed the following steps:
- It accepted the list of original resource URIs from the output of the StoryGraph Toolkit, and queried the Memento Aggregator to find as many mementos as possible
- For resources that were not already mementos, it submitted them to web archives with ArchiveNow
- It analyzed all mementos to automatically discover the most frequent sumgrams and named entities present in the overall story
- It analyzed all images in these mementos to automatically select the best image for the overall story
- It then formatted the data for the story based on all of this input
- Raintale took the input from Hypercane and rendered the final product with information supplied by MementoEmbed