Donald Trump is now telling people close to him that he may skip early Republican primary debates because he doesn't want to boost his opponents.
House Democrats have been working for months on a secret long-shot strategy to go around Kevin McCarthy and raise the debt limit.
The White House and President Biden are hanging Kevin McCarthy's debt limit bill around the necks of every House Republican.
As top lawmakers prepare to meet with President Joe Biden, they stayed entrenched in their positions on how to steer the nation away from default.
Republicans want to nudge their opponents into concessions that go beyond huge spending cuts. Some of their hopes are more realistic than others.
Trump has something he didn’t last time: organization.
Editor’s note: The Hill’s Morning Report is our daily newsletter that dives deep into Washington’s agenda. To subscribe, click here or fill out the box below. The debt limit battle is turning into …
Republicans and Democrats alike are throwing cold water on the idea of moving a short-term debt ceiling increase before a June 1 deadline, raising the pressure on negotiators to reach a deal before…
Chief Justice John Roberts has long aimed to stay above the political fray, but his goal is being put to the test as Democrats vow to intervene in the Supreme Court’s recent ethics controversies.&n…
Signs of stress are building as the deadline for lawmakers to act on the debt ceiling approaches, and negotiations are strained.
Sen. Dianne Feinstein is "hopeful" she will return to the U.S. Senate next week, according to notes from Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer.
Kamala Harris on Tuesday ivered a word salad to Philippine President Ferdinand Marcos.
Trump's judge picker Leonard Leo may have violated The Federalist Society's tax status to obtain a $1.6 billion donation.
Federal Reserve officials will release a rate decision at 2 p.m. The key question is what will come next.
While their Democratic colleagues insist on no negotiations until the borrowing limit is lifted, the duo is positioning themselves as potential players in any future Senate talks.
This story was constructed with the SHARI Process:
- The StoryGraph Toolkit extracted URIs from the biggest story of the day from the StoryGraph service
- Hypercane performed the following steps:
- It accepted the list of original resource URIs from the output of the StoryGraph Toolkit, and queried the Memento Aggregator to find as many mementos as possible
- For resources that were not already mementos, it submitted them to web archives with ArchiveNow
- It analyzed all mementos to automatically discover the most frequent sumgrams and named entities present in the overall story
- It analyzed all images in these mementos to automatically select the best image for the overall story
- It then formatted the data for the story based on all of this input
- Raintale took the input from Hypercane and rendered the final product with information supplied by MementoEmbed