Sudanese citizens have fought for democracy, but the last week’s hostilities threaten the transition process.
The U.S. government has pledged that it will try to help the 16,000 Americans living in Sudan as the fighting continues between the Sudanese army and a paramilitary group. Secretary of State Antony…
With hopes fading that two warring generals will end their battle anytime soon, diplomats and other foreigners began heading for Sudan’s doors.
The strategically important country in northeastern Africa has been consumed by more than a week of fighting between two military factions. Sudanese are fleeing and many countries are evacuating their personnel — but many people are stuck.
U.S. forces swooped into Sudan by helicopter as civil war raged to rescue Americans who worked at the U.S. Embassy.
This story was constructed with the SHARI Process:
- The StoryGraph Toolkit extracted URIs from the biggest story of the day from the StoryGraph service
- Hypercane performed the following steps:
- It accepted the list of original resource URIs from the output of the StoryGraph Toolkit, and queried the Memento Aggregator to find as many mementos as possible
- For resources that were not already mementos, it submitted them to web archives with ArchiveNow
- It analyzed all mementos to automatically discover the most frequent sumgrams and named entities present in the overall story
- It analyzed all images in these mementos to automatically select the best image for the overall story
- It then formatted the data for the story based on all of this input
- Raintale took the input from Hypercane and rendered the final product with information supplied by MementoEmbed