Tonight’s order doesn’t mean much, but it does mean that mifepristone is still legal, for now.
A group of more than 250 Democratic lawmakers filed an amicus brief on Friday to request the Supreme Court to issue a full stop to “dangerous” restrictions on access to abortion pills. All Senate D…
The temporary stay is meant to preserve the status quo while the justices study lower court rulings, and it did not forecast how they would ultimately rule.
The court indicated it will decide by late Wednesday whether lower court rulings restricting FDA approval of mifepristone can take effect.
A Donald Trump-appointed judge in Texas set off abortion access chaos with a power grab ruling.
This story was constructed with the SHARI Process:
- The StoryGraph Toolkit extracted URIs from the biggest story of the day from the StoryGraph service
- Hypercane performed the following steps:
- It accepted the list of original resource URIs from the output of the StoryGraph Toolkit, and queried the Memento Aggregator to find as many mementos as possible
- For resources that were not already mementos, it submitted them to web archives with ArchiveNow
- It analyzed all mementos to automatically discover the most frequent sumgrams and named entities present in the overall story
- It analyzed all images in these mementos to automatically select the best image for the overall story
- It then formatted the data for the story based on all of this input
- Raintale took the input from Hypercane and rendered the final product with information supplied by MementoEmbed