More than 400 executives said that the decision ignored both scientific and legal precedent and that, if the ruling stood, it would create uncertainty for the pharmaceutical and biotech industries.
Some Democrats are pushing for the FDA to ignore a court ruling suspending the agency’s approval of mifepristone.
California's governor announced Monday the state would be stockpiling misoprostol and awaiting clarity from the courts.
Hundreds of industry leaders voiced support for the FDA after a judge ruled to invalidate the drug mifepristone's approval by the agency.
Biden's DOJ filed an appeal on Monday, following a ruling out of Texas halting the FDA's 2000 approval of mifepristone.
Yet another mass shooting and a new blow to nationwide abortion rights left Republicans facing pointed questions on two of the most emotive issues dominating American politics.
MSNBC host Nicolle Wallace said Monday on her show "Deadline" that not one Republican is doing a "single goddamn thing to protect democracy" while discussing Tennessee state lawmakers expelling two members from their House seats. | Clips
As the Justice Department sought to keep one decision on hold, it asked for clarification on the other.
The ramifications from Friday’s decision for the FDA and the drug industry could be felt for decades.
“We are ready to fight this. This is going to be a long fight," press secretary Karine Jean-Pierre said.
This story was constructed with the SHARI Process:
- The StoryGraph Toolkit extracted URIs from the biggest story of the day from the StoryGraph service
- Hypercane performed the following steps:
- It accepted the list of original resource URIs from the output of the StoryGraph Toolkit, and queried the Memento Aggregator to find as many mementos as possible
- For resources that were not already mementos, it submitted them to web archives with ArchiveNow
- It analyzed all mementos to automatically discover the most frequent sumgrams and named entities present in the overall story
- It analyzed all images in these mementos to automatically select the best image for the overall story
- It then formatted the data for the story based on all of this input
- Raintale took the input from Hypercane and rendered the final product with information supplied by MementoEmbed