Chris Rozman, interim deputy chief of the campus police department, said the gunman was found dead off campus from a “self-inflicted gunshot wound."
Michigan State University police are seeking a black male suspect after five people were shot on the school campus Monday night.
Students are instructed to secure in place and run, hide or fight if necessary.
At least three people have died after a shooting Monday night at Michigan State University, police said. Follow for live updates.
Image of MSU mass shooter from video Update: Police at a 1:30 p.m. EST press conference identified the shooter as a 43-year-old male with no known ties to MSU. Suspected gunman, who is dead, was 43 years old and not affiliated with MSU as a student or employee, interim deputy police chief Chris Rozman says.…
Multiple people were injured during an active shooter situation at Michigan State University Monday night, the East Lansing Police Department confirmed.
A suspect has died of an apparent self-inflicted gunshot wound after a mass shooting at Michigan State University that left three people dead and five others injured Monday evening, police said.
Authorities have not yet identified the suspect in the deadly shooting on the campus of Michigan State University, police said.
A mass shooting is taking place at Michigan State University with unconfirmed reports stating more than one shooter may be involved and at least six wounded. (Note at 10:55 p.m. EST: Gunman still at large, no official report on how many killed or wounded, however police say victims taken to local hospital.) 11 p.m. update:…
This story was constructed with the SHARI Process:
- The StoryGraph Toolkit extracted URIs from the biggest story of the day from the StoryGraph service
- Hypercane performed the following steps:
- It accepted the list of original resource URIs from the output of the StoryGraph Toolkit, and queried the Memento Aggregator to find as many mementos as possible
- For resources that were not already mementos, it submitted them to web archives with ArchiveNow
- It analyzed all mementos to automatically discover the most frequent sumgrams and named entities present in the overall story
- It analyzed all images in these mementos to automatically select the best image for the overall story
- It then formatted the data for the story based on all of this input
- Raintale took the input from Hypercane and rendered the final product with information supplied by MementoEmbed