New York Gov. Kathy Hochul (D) on Sunday said this weekend’s major winter storm is the most devastating to hit Buffalo, N.Y., after officials confirmed seven deaths in the area. “We are in a war,” …
The death toll from the winter storm sweeping across large parts of the continental United States has risen to at least 26. People have died in weather-related traffic accidents or from the cold, …
The prolonged winter storm that brought heavy snow, high winds and brutal cold to most of the US this past week has killed at least 26 people and left hundreds of thousands without power.
The scope of the storm has been nearly unprecedented, stretching from the Great Lakes near Canada to the Rio Grande along the border with Mexico.
Two days after a raging blizzard struck, residents remained trapped in cars and in homes without heat. The death toll rose to 12.
“This may turn out to be the worst storm in our community’s history, surpassing the famed Blizzard of ’77 for its ferocity,” Mark Poloncarz, the Erie County executive, said on Saturday.Emergency wo...
Millions of Americans have woken on Christmas morning to confront the frigid storm that has killed at least 18 people across the nation.
Over 1.5 million were without power on Christmas Eve due to a winter storm sweeping much of the country, according to PowerOutage at 11:30 a.m. Eastern.
With much of the United States still reeling from a nearly weeklong winter storm, flight cancellations and delays and other transportation challenges continued to pile up on Christmas Day.
A major winter storm blasting much of the central and eastern US is bringing record-breaking temperature drops and harsh snowy conditions that have resulted in flight cancellations, highway closures and several state emergency declarations.
The winter bomb cyclone dumping snow and cold weather across the country hit the Buffalo and Western New York hard. The area faced hurricane force winds and snow leading to whiteout conditions. The National Weather Service reported 43 inches by 7 a.m. on Sunday morning at Buffalo Niagara International Airport. The severe weather hampered emergency response…
This story was constructed with the SHARI Process:
- The StoryGraph Toolkit extracted URIs from the biggest story of the day from the StoryGraph service
- Hypercane performed the following steps:
- It accepted the list of original resource URIs from the output of the StoryGraph Toolkit, and queried the Memento Aggregator to find as many mementos as possible
- For resources that were not already mementos, it submitted them to web archives with ArchiveNow
- It analyzed all mementos to automatically discover the most frequent sumgrams and named entities present in the overall story
- It analyzed all images in these mementos to automatically select the best image for the overall story
- It then formatted the data for the story based on all of this input
- Raintale took the input from Hypercane and rendered the final product with information supplied by MementoEmbed