A new petition is urging voters to tell their representatives not to seat insurrectionist Reps. Paul Gosar, Lauren Boebert, and Marjorie Taylor Green in the House.
The 1/6 Committee will vote on Monday to refer Trump for prosecution on insurrection, obstructing an official proceeding, and conspiracy to defraud the United States.
The House panel investigating the Jan. 6 attack on the U.S. Capitol is considering recommending the pursuit of three criminal charges against former President Donald Trump.
Multiple investigations including the 1/6 Committee have uncovered the large role that Rep. Scott Perry (R-PA) played in Trump's attempted coup, and now the DOJ has Perry's emails.
Kevin McCarthy warned that the House Republican agenda is in jeopardy because they can't pick a Speaker of the House.
The Jan. 6 select committee is reportedly planning to vote on at least three criminal referrals targeting former President Trump on Monday, a significant step from the panel as it nears the end of …
The report that the select panel is expected to consider on Monday afternoon reflects some recommendations from a subcommittee that evaluated potential referrals.
The House Jan. 6 committee's final report will essentially be a box set of its previous public hearings — with some bonus features.
The committee also was expected to recommend charging the former president with obstructing an official proceeding of Congress and defrauding the American people.
This story was constructed with the SHARI Process:
- The StoryGraph Toolkit extracted URIs from the biggest story of the day from the StoryGraph service
- Hypercane performed the following steps:
- It accepted the list of original resource URIs from the output of the StoryGraph Toolkit, and queried the Memento Aggregator to find as many mementos as possible
- For resources that were not already mementos, it submitted them to web archives with ArchiveNow
- It analyzed all mementos to automatically discover the most frequent sumgrams and named entities present in the overall story
- It analyzed all images in these mementos to automatically select the best image for the overall story
- It then formatted the data for the story based on all of this input
- Raintale took the input from Hypercane and rendered the final product with information supplied by MementoEmbed