After the 11 Circuit overturned her ruling for Trump, Judge Aileen Cannon ordered the classified documents removed from the special master so that they can be used in the DOJ criminal investigation.
Trump started the day getting sued by the state of New York for fraud and by the evening had lost to the DOJ in appeals court in the classified documents case.
Trump fraud in New York ran until 2020, which means that as Nicolle Wallace said, Trump was committing fraud while president.
Former US Attorney Harry Litman said that the New York lawsuit strikes at the heart of Trump's brand and shows that his day of reckoning has begun.
Trump told Sean Hannity that he doesn't need a process to declassify documents. He can declassify them by thinking it.
The panel ruled that Judge Aileen Cannon erred.
A federal appeals court has lifted a judge’s hold on the Justice Department’s ability to use classified records seized from former President Donald Trump’s Florida estate.
In an interview, Mr. Trump again insisted that “I declassified everything.” He added that as president, “you can declassify just by saying ‘it’s declassified’ — even by thinking about it.”
A federal judge had temporarily barred the department from using the records marked as classified in its inquiry into whether the former president illegally retained national defense documents.
For the former president's legal team, it was a losing round before the 11th US Circuit Court of Appeals on Wednesday.
The lawsuit filed against him by the New York AG fits a pattern that so far has helped the former president with his political base.
"James is playing hardball," but don't expect a showy Trump trial in this case.
James seeks to bar Trump and his family from being officers of any business in New York.
In a statement, Donald Trump's attorney Alina Habba repeated the former president's claim that the case is politically motivated.
This story was constructed with the SHARI Process:
- The StoryGraph Toolkit extracted URIs from the biggest story of the day from the StoryGraph service
- Hypercane performed the following steps:
- It accepted the list of original resource URIs from the output of the StoryGraph Toolkit, and queried the Memento Aggregator to find as many mementos as possible
- For resources that were not already mementos, it submitted them to web archives with ArchiveNow
- It analyzed all mementos to automatically discover the most frequent sumgrams and named entities present in the overall story
- It analyzed all images in these mementos to automatically select the best image for the overall story
- It then formatted the data for the story based on all of this input
- Raintale took the input from Hypercane and rendered the final product with information supplied by MementoEmbed