The National Archives has evidence that Trump ripped up classified documents and information.
Pennsylvania GOP candidate for governor Doug Mastriano was registered to vote in New Jersey until 2021.
A new poll shows that abortion has negated many of the GOP advantages in the midterm election and the Republican problems are getting worse.
A lawyer representing the former president told the National Archives that boxes taken from the White House contained material like newspaper clippings.
A judge’s order detailed the tasks of the independent arbiter appointed to filter material the F.B.I. seized from the former president’s residence.
Several of the former president’s lawyers are under scrutiny by federal investigators amid squabbling over competence.
The DOJ's widely expected escalation of the legal fight came one day after a Trump-appointed judge rebuffed prosecutors’ request for a stay.
The newly appointed special master who will review the documents recovered from Mar-a-Lago directed lawyers for former President Trump and the Department of Justice (DOJ) to meet with him in New Yo…
The Department of Justice (DOJ) on Friday asked a federal court for access to classified documents seized last month from Mar-a-Lago, appealing a lower court ruling that has barred prosec…
The Department of Justice appealed the pause of a criminal investigation into the classified documents discovered at former President Donald Trump's Mar-a-Lago resort last month.
The House January 6 special committee has been slow to give the Justice Department access to its evidence, according to The Washington Post.
The Justice Department on Friday asked a federal appeals court to block Judge Aileen Cannon’s ruling that prevented it from reviewing the documents seized from Mar-a-Lago. “The district court has entered an unprecedented order enjoining the Executive Branch’s use of its own highly classified records in a criminal investigation with direct implications for national security,”…
The department told the 11th Circuit U.S. Court of Appeals in Atlanta that the judge’s hold was interfering with its investigation into the presence of top-secret information at Mar-a-Lago.
Cannon’s judicial opinion is not grounded in the law.
The government, while calling a lower court’s decision “unprecedented,” did not seek to stop the installation of an outside arbiter to review other materials taken from Mar-a-Lago.
This story was constructed with the SHARI Process:
- The StoryGraph Toolkit extracted URIs from the biggest story of the day from the StoryGraph service
- Hypercane performed the following steps:
- It accepted the list of original resource URIs from the output of the StoryGraph Toolkit, and queried the Memento Aggregator to find as many mementos as possible
- For resources that were not already mementos, it submitted them to web archives with ArchiveNow
- It analyzed all mementos to automatically discover the most frequent sumgrams and named entities present in the overall story
- It analyzed all images in these mementos to automatically select the best image for the overall story
- It then formatted the data for the story based on all of this input
- Raintale took the input from Hypercane and rendered the final product with information supplied by MementoEmbed