US policy toward Taiwan is all about "strategic ambiguity." That means every trip and remark has to be just right.
The House speaker is traveling on a U.S. military jet, but the White House says China needs to understand Congress is a separate branch of government.
With so much recent finger-pointing in Washington over foreign influence in U.S. elections, it seems as if lawmakers would be doing everything they could to...
The White House is criticizing Beijing’s rhetoric over an expected visit by House Speaker Nancy Pelosi to Taiwan and vowing the United States “will not take the bait or engage in saber rattling."
Speaker Nancy Pelosi, a longtime China hawk, has not confirmed that she plans to visit Taiwan, but all indications suggest that she will make a stop on the self-governing island without prior announcement.
The White House on Monday warned China not to use a potential Taiwan visit by Speaker Nancy Pelosi to act militarily.
Democrats are trying to pass an economic package blessed by President Biden that aims to lower health-care costs, combat climate change, reduce the deficit and revise the U.S. tax code.
As escalations continue to rise overseas, the Biden administration made it clear that the U.S. does not support Taiwan's independence.
Military and diplomatic efforts limit Beijing to angry bluster.
House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) and a delegation of five other U.S. lawmakers meet with leaders in Singapore to discuss trade and security.
Monday on Fox Business Network's "Varney & Company," Sen. Marsha Blackburn (R-TN) weighed in on House Speaker Nancy Pelosi's (D-CA) Asia tour amid tension with the Chinese Communist Party over a possible visit to Taiwan. | Clips
Chinese dictator Xi Jinping calls for radicalizing and weaponizing Chinese people living in Western nations.
This story was constructed with the SHARI Process:
- The StoryGraph Toolkit extracted URIs from the biggest story of the day from the StoryGraph service
- Hypercane performed the following steps:
- It accepted the list of original resource URIs from the output of the StoryGraph Toolkit, and queried the Memento Aggregator to find as many mementos as possible
- For resources that were not already mementos, it submitted them to web archives with ArchiveNow
- It analyzed all mementos to automatically discover the most frequent sumgrams and named entities present in the overall story
- It analyzed all images in these mementos to automatically select the best image for the overall story
- It then formatted the data for the story based on all of this input
- Raintale took the input from Hypercane and rendered the final product with information supplied by MementoEmbed