In a bombshell revelation, the Justice Department has formed a grand jury to investigate January 6th and indict anyone for any crimes the jury believes were committed during that period.
Pence’s unwillingness to mention Trump’s use of violence to remain in power illustrates the former president’s continued hold on the Republican base.
The latest Jan. 6 committee video shows that Trump refused to expel Capitol attackers from his MAGA movement.
Previously undisclosed communications among Trump campaign aides and outside advisers provide new insight into their efforts to overturn the election in the weeks leading to Jan. 6.
Former president Donald Trump made his first appearance in the capital since leaving ahead of Joe Biden's inauguration in January 2021.
While Trump still falsely claims the election was stolen from him a year and a half ago, Pence said, “Elections are about the future.”
Trump tried to turn Mike Pence into a right-wing pariah. Now, Team Pence may be the only thing separating the former president and his team from prison time.
Marc Short, who was chief of staff to Vice President Mike Pence, and Greg Jacob, a lawyer for Mr. Pence, were subpoenaed in the Justice Department’s expanding criminal inquiry.
Trailed by the Capitol riot fallout and 2024 speculation, the two erstwhile allies gave competing speeches that revealed the Republican Party’s enduring challenges and divisions.
Pence aides have emerged as central players on Jan. 6, reportedly testifying to a federal grand jury. Pence himself seems content to ride the fence.
The former vice president said it was important that conservatives “don’t give way to the temptation to look back.”
This story was constructed with the SHARI Process:
- The StoryGraph Toolkit extracted URIs from the biggest story of the day from the StoryGraph service
- Hypercane performed the following steps:
- It accepted the list of original resource URIs from the output of the StoryGraph Toolkit, and queried the Memento Aggregator to find as many mementos as possible
- For resources that were not already mementos, it submitted them to web archives with ArchiveNow
- It analyzed all mementos to automatically discover the most frequent sumgrams and named entities present in the overall story
- It analyzed all images in these mementos to automatically select the best image for the overall story
- It then formatted the data for the story based on all of this input
- Raintale took the input from Hypercane and rendered the final product with information supplied by MementoEmbed