Only swimmers who transitioned before the age of 12 will be allowed to compete in women’s events, FINA members voted Sunday.
On Sunday, FINA voted in favor of a rule that will effectively ban Lia Thomas and many other transgender swimmers from competing with women.
Fina, the world's swimming governing body, has minted new rules that exclude males who have experienced puberty from women's competitions.
FINA, the governing body for international swimming, banned nearly all biological males from competing in women's sports in a new eligibility policy Sunday.
This story was constructed with the SHARI Process:
- The StoryGraph Toolkit extracted URIs from the biggest story of the day from the StoryGraph service
- Hypercane performed the following steps:
- It accepted the list of original resource URIs from the output of the StoryGraph Toolkit, and queried the Memento Aggregator to find as many mementos as possible
- For resources that were not already mementos, it submitted them to web archives with ArchiveNow
- It analyzed all mementos to automatically discover the most frequent sumgrams and named entities present in the overall story
- It analyzed all images in these mementos to automatically select the best image for the overall story
- It then formatted the data for the story based on all of this input
- Raintale took the input from Hypercane and rendered the final product with information supplied by MementoEmbed