The hearings have demolished the myth of a stolen presidential election, but with the 2022 primary season in full tilt, the revelations have not loosened the grip of the lie on Republicans.
The Senate left town this week with a deal on guns still unresolved and a coronavirus funding package in severe peril.
YouTube has taken down a video promoted by the Select Committee... containing a Trump lie in order to prove Trump lied.
The ex veep finds himself at a crossroads, unable to lean on his once bedrock constituency.
There are three potential avenues to take, each with their own benefits and pitfalls.
Conservative outlets parroted debunked, pro-Trump conspiracy theories about fraudulent Dominion voting machines. The company is committed to making them pay.
Whatever their motives, the Republican House members who voted for Trump's impeachment must face the political reality.
In a speech, Donald J. Trump was undeterred by the Jan. 6 House committee’s account of how his rioting supporters menaced the vice president, and the panel’s dismantling of many of his election lies.
On the anniversary of the June 17, 1972, break-in, alumni of the hearings gather for a reunion. They had it easier than the Jan. 6 committee, they say.
Congressional Democrats, under pressure from federal prosecutors, say they will begin sharing interviews after their series of public hearings concludes.
The former president slammed his former governing partner for acting as a’ human conveyor belt’ while presiding over the electoral college count.
Otero County commissioners voted 2 to 1 to accept primary-election results, reversing an earlier decision driven by unfounded concerns about fraud.
We finally have firm evidence of a post-Jan. 6 effort involving pardons for those who sought to overturn the election. Here's what it means.
This story was constructed with the SHARI Process:
- The StoryGraph Toolkit extracted URIs from the biggest story of the day from the StoryGraph service
- Hypercane performed the following steps:
- It accepted the list of original resource URIs from the output of the StoryGraph Toolkit, and queried the Memento Aggregator to find as many mementos as possible
- For resources that were not already mementos, it submitted them to web archives with ArchiveNow
- It analyzed all mementos to automatically discover the most frequent sumgrams and named entities present in the overall story
- It analyzed all images in these mementos to automatically select the best image for the overall story
- It then formatted the data for the story based on all of this input
- Raintale took the input from Hypercane and rendered the final product with information supplied by MementoEmbed