The alleged Buffalo gunman appears to have been motivated by a racist, far-right conspiracy theory that has increasingly found a footing in mainstream U.S. politics.
Florida governor Ron DeSantis has signed a bill making it illegal for anyone to protest outside of homes.
RNC Chair Ronna McDaniel claimed that Republicans should not be blamed for domestic terror attacks that are being inspired by their racism.
The 18-year-old was able to buy an assault-style weapon even though he had been held for a mental health evaluation in high school.
“What he wrote does not add up to a manifesto,” Carlson said Monday night, noting that what Gendron allegedly wrote was racist. “It is not a blueprint for a new extremist political movement, much less the inspiration for racist revolution. Anyone who claims that it is is lying or hasn’t read it.”
As Pennsylvania Republicans prepare to choose a nominee for governor, some party officials are twisted in knots over the possibility of a primary victory by a candidate many see as too far to the right to win statewide this fall
Elise Stefanik used to encourage voters to see her as one of Congress’ "most bipartisan" members. That version of the Republican has since been replaced.
Daily Caller co-founder Tucker Carlson warned Monday of the potential "destruction" political leaders will cause by pushing "race politics."
Podcast host Megyn Kelly eviscerated the media during her Sirius XM show Monday for blaming Daily Caller co-founder Tucker Carlson for the Buffalo shooting.
President Biden will host Greek Prime Minister Kyriakos Mitsotaki at the White House on Monday. On Tuesday, Biden plans to travel to Buffalo in the wake of the nation's latest mass shooting.
The right’s embrace of the racist “replacement theory” endured even after a series of tragedies in which the shooter espoused it. Here's a timeline of how the party has dealt with such issues.
Doug Mastriano's expected primary win Tuesday has led to calls for the state party chair's resignation.
Given the dim likelihood of any movement on guns, the party is shifting its approach to decrying Tucker Carlson and the far-right ideology he's echoed.
Steve Dettelbach is looking to become the first permanent ATF director since 2015.
This story was constructed with the SHARI Process:
- The StoryGraph Toolkit extracted URIs from the biggest story of the day from the StoryGraph service
- Hypercane performed the following steps:
- It accepted the list of original resource URIs from the output of the StoryGraph Toolkit, and queried the Memento Aggregator to find as many mementos as possible
- For resources that were not already mementos, it submitted them to web archives with ArchiveNow
- It analyzed all mementos to automatically discover the most frequent sumgrams and named entities present in the overall story
- It analyzed all images in these mementos to automatically select the best image for the overall story
- It then formatted the data for the story based on all of this input
- Raintale took the input from Hypercane and rendered the final product with information supplied by MementoEmbed