StoryGraph Biggest Story 2022-04-02 -- the academy awards (5), shocking painful (4), accept consequences (4), winners opportunity (3), the best actor award (3)
Will Smith Resigns from Motion Picture Academy amid Chris Rock Oscars Assault Backlash
Will Smith has resigned from the Motion Picture Academy on Friday nearly a week after assaulting comedian Chris Rock during the live broadcast of the Academy Awards.
Will Smith Reportedly Resigns From The Academy
Will Smith announced he was resigning from the Academy of Motion Pictures Arts & Sciences Friday after slapping comedian Chris Rock at Sunday's 94th Academy Awards.
Will Smith Resigns From Academy After Slapping Chris Rock at Oscars
The producer of the telecast, Will Packer, said that Smith had been asked to leave after slapping Rock, and that he had urged officials not to “physically remove” the actor.
Poll: Most Americans Disagree with Will Smith Assaulting Chris Rock
Most Americans disagree with Will Smith slapping Chris Rock at the Oscars on Sunday over a joke the comedian made about the actor's wife, Jada Pinkett Smith, according to a recent survey.
Will Smith Resigns From Film Academy Over Oscars Slap, Issues Extensive Apology
The actor described his on-stage assault of Chris Rock at the Academy Awards as "shocking, painful and inexcusable."
This story was constructed with the SHARI Process:
- The StoryGraph Toolkit extracted URIs from the biggest story of the day from the StoryGraph service
- Hypercane performed the following steps:
- It accepted the list of original resource URIs from the output of the StoryGraph Toolkit, and queried the Memento Aggregator to find as many mementos as possible
- For resources that were not already mementos, it submitted them to web archives with ArchiveNow
- It analyzed all mementos to automatically discover the most frequent sumgrams and named entities present in the overall story
- It analyzed all images in these mementos to automatically select the best image for the overall story
- It then formatted the data for the story based on all of this input
- Raintale took the input from Hypercane and rendered the final product with information supplied by MementoEmbed