The move comes as an increasing number of states have passed decriminalization laws.
The MORE Act will decriminalize marijuana at the federal level and expunge convictions for non-violent offenses.
Congress has tried, unsuccessfully, to pass this type of legislation before to decriminalize marijuana.
Weed vote exposes political rift on criminal justice reform.
This story was constructed with the SHARI Process:
- The StoryGraph Toolkit extracted URIs from the biggest story of the day from the StoryGraph service
- Hypercane performed the following steps:
- It accepted the list of original resource URIs from the output of the StoryGraph Toolkit, and queried the Memento Aggregator to find as many mementos as possible
- For resources that were not already mementos, it submitted them to web archives with ArchiveNow
- It analyzed all mementos to automatically discover the most frequent sumgrams and named entities present in the overall story
- It analyzed all images in these mementos to automatically select the best image for the overall story
- It then formatted the data for the story based on all of this input
- Raintale took the input from Hypercane and rendered the final product with information supplied by MementoEmbed