Senate Judiciary Committee Chairman Dick Durbin (D-IL) said that Sen. Josh Hawley's attacks on Judge Jackson have no credibility because he was fist-bumping with 1/6 attackers.
Sen. Dick Durbin, Chair of the Senate Judiciary Committee, joins Morning Joe to discuss the confirmation hearings for President Joe Biden's pick for the Supreme Court, Judge. Ketanji Brown Jackson. He also discusses the baseless claims far-right GOP members of his committee, like Sen. Josh Hawley, have made about Jackson.
Here's how Ketanji Brown Jackson could dodge controversial questions, such as on Roe v. Wade, thanks to precedent paved by previous Supreme Court nominees during their Senate hearings.
Supreme Court nominee Ketanji Brown Jackson introduced herself on the first day of her confirmation hearings, highlighting her unique background as the potential first Black female justice.
Several women-led groups held a rally in front of the Supreme Court on Monday to bolster support for Judge Ketanji Brown Jackson ahead of her Senate confirmation hearings.
Judge Ketanji Brown Jackson has already appeared before the Senate three times in confirmation proceedings for prior roles. But several days of hearings for her Supreme Court nomination this week will be the highest-profile -- and likely most contentious -- grilling that Jackson has faced from lawmakers.
Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas was admitted to Sibley Memorial Hospital in Washington, DC, on Friday evening "after experiencing flu-like symptoms," the court's public information office said Sunday evening, but he does not have Covid-19.
The public defender turned judge could break new ground on the highest court.
The Senate Judiciary Committee on Monday will begin its confirmation hearings for Ketanji Brown Jackson, who if confirmed would be the first Black woman to serve on the Supreme Court.
'My fear isn’t for me. But it is for your kids and your grandkids and the next generation,' Thomas said in a recent speech.'
Monday on FNC's "Fox & Friends," Sen. Josh Hawley (R-MO) called into question Judge Ketanji Brown Jackson's record ahead of her confirmation hearing to the U.S. Supreme Court. | Clips
It will be up to Republicans to find the courage to confront a historical nominee, and to challenge Ketanji Brown Jackson on her views.
Rep. Mo Brooks (R-AL) just taped a 90-second ad, calling for McConnell to be ousted as GOP Senate leader.
A look at the Supreme Court nominee’s record defending indigent clients.
Her confirmation would not change the court's 6-3 conservative majority.
The Senate Judiciary Committee is kicking off confirmation hearings for President Biden's Supreme Court nominee Judge Ketanji Brown Jackson. Follow here for the latest news updates, analysis and watch the hearing live.
Republicans plan to press the Supreme Court pick on child pornography sentencing and court expansion. And they're clearly not over previous judicial wounds.
Rep. Mo Brooks (R-Ala.) vowed in a new digital ad that he will support booting Sen.
Senate confirmation hearings for President Joe Biden’s U.S. Supreme Court nominee, Ketanji Brown Jackson, begin Monday at 11 a.m. Eastern.
This story was constructed with the SHARI Process:
- The StoryGraph Toolkit extracted URIs from the biggest story of the day from the StoryGraph service
- Hypercane performed the following steps:
- It accepted the list of original resource URIs from the output of the StoryGraph Toolkit, and queried the Memento Aggregator to find as many mementos as possible
- For resources that were not already mementos, it submitted them to web archives with ArchiveNow
- It analyzed all mementos to automatically discover the most frequent sumgrams and named entities present in the overall story
- It analyzed all images in these mementos to automatically select the best image for the overall story
- It then formatted the data for the story based on all of this input
- Raintale took the input from Hypercane and rendered the final product with information supplied by MementoEmbed