Rachel Maddow asked the one question of Sean Hannity that is vital to the nation. What did Hannity know that made him so worried?
The 1/6 Committee wants to talk to Fox News host Sean Hannity about the attack on the Capitol, and any knowledge he might have.
The former president said he'll save his remarks on the anniversary of the attack on the U.S. Capitol for a Jan. 15 rally in Arizona.
The Jan. 6 committee released private text messages sent from Fox News host Sean Hannity to Mark Meadows and others in the days before and during the insurrection. “The idea that Sean Hannity was truly appropriately worried about what Trump would do should scare all of us,” says Chris Hayes.
In the year since the assault on the Capitol by a pro-Trump mob, more than 700 people have been arrested, with little public indication from the Justice Department of how high the investigation might reach.
The House select committee investigating the Capitol insurrection is cranking up the pace ahead of Thursday's anniversary of the mob attack, training its sights on ex-Vice President Mike Pence and Donald Trump's top Fox News booster Sean Hannity.
"It's been a hell of a year" for officers Aquilino Gonell, Harry Dunn and Daniel Hodges. They're not done healing yet.
The select committee is asking for information from the Fox News host who sent texts to then-White House chief of staff Mark Meadows and others on Jan. 6.
Former assistant to Donald Trump and trade adviser Peter Navarro joins MSNBC’s Chief Legal Correspondent Ari Melber to discuss the MAGA plot to overturn the 2020 presidential election, which Navarro detailed in his book. Melber fact checks Navarro in real-time.
Fox News host Sean Hannity is now in the sights of the House panel investigating the Capitol incursion.
Only weeks after instigating the Capitol riot, Donald Trump was back in command of the Republican Party.
Chief J. Thomas Manger, the head of an agency still reeling from the Jan. 6 attack, told lawmakers he was already addressing most of the 103 recommendations from an internal watchdog.
The committee told Mr. Hannity it had obtained “dozens of text messages” he exchanged with senior Trump White House officials around the time of the riot.
The former president had planned to hold an event on Jan. 6 to mark the first anniversary of the attack by a mob of his supporters.
A House committee is expected to release its report on the Jan. 6 attack sometime this year, before Americans choose who represents them in Congress.
Fox News host Sean Hannity was concerned about former President Donald Trump's strategy and conduct before, during and after the January 6 attack on the US Capitol, according to a letter sent to him on Tuesday by the House select committee probing the insurrection.
A version of this article first appeared in the "Reliable Sources" newsletter.
The Capitol insurrection was based on a lie about the 2020 election. And for a whole year now, the insurrection itself has been lied about.
This story was constructed with the SHARI Process:
- The StoryGraph Toolkit extracted URIs from the biggest story of the day from the StoryGraph service
- Hypercane performed the following steps:
- It accepted the list of original resource URIs from the output of the StoryGraph Toolkit, and queried the Memento Aggregator to find as many mementos as possible
- For resources that were not already mementos, it submitted them to web archives with ArchiveNow
- It analyzed all mementos to automatically discover the most frequent sumgrams and named entities present in the overall story
- It analyzed all images in these mementos to automatically select the best image for the overall story
- It then formatted the data for the story based on all of this input
- Raintale took the input from Hypercane and rendered the final product with information supplied by MementoEmbed