Sen. Joe Manchin wouldn't have the ability to make or break Build Back Better if every single supposedly moderate Republican didn't oppose the bill.
Sen. Joe Manchin (D-WV) got mad and walked away after Biden mentioned him by name for delaying Build Back Better.
Covid-19 exposed many of the flaws in the US health care system. Congress might not do anything to fix them.
Manchin dislikes the bill but also complained of “inexcusable” treatment by the White House.
The West Virginia senator just killed Democrats' agenda. In private negotiations, he questioned whether the poorest Americans would spend financial aid wisely.
After weeks of negotiation, Senator Joe Manchin announced he would not vote for President Biden's Build Back Better agenda. Katy Tur sat down with NBC News' Sahil Kapur, and Julie Tsirkin, "Way Too Early" Host Jonathan Lemire, and Punchbowl News' John Bresnahan, rounding up reactions from West Virginians, lawmakers and the White House.
Administration officials acknowledge that as the highly contagious Omicron variant has surged, a cluster of cases have been reported across the administration.
Senator Joe Manchin III noted climate policy when he said he would vote against the Build Back Better Act. In his life and career, West Virginia coal has loomed large.
The left's House leader is prepared to cut the centrist out of social safety net talks. Others in the party are prepared for concessions.
The West Virginia senator wants a new bill that goes through Senate committees and focuses on rolling back the 2017 Trump tax cuts.
The two connected and there is a sense that talks around Build Back Better aren't done yet.
Manchin's private comments on Capitol Hill underscored his dispute with the White House over key pieces of Democrats' agenda.
President Biden tested negative for COVID-19 on Monday after having close contact with a White House staffer who subsequently tested positive for the virus.
Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) said Sen. Joe Manchin’s (D-W.Va.) opposition to President Biden’s social spending package is a “great shot in the arm for the country.”
Team Biden Will Pay a Hefty Price for Attacks on Manchin | RealClearPolitics
A "mid-level staff member" who was on Air Force One with President Biden on Friday tested positive for COVID-19 on Monday morning.
White House Press Secretary Jen Psaki said the White House would continue to press Sen. Manchin to gain his support for Build Back Better.
Far-left Democrats on Monday took to social media to blast President Joe Biden for failing to take action on student loan debt.
Democrats are scrambling to pick up the pieces after the West Virginia Democrat effectively tanked the initiative.
Democrat strategist James Carville said Monday on CNN that President Joe Biden's social spending agenda is not dead after Sen. Joe Manchin (D-WV) announced he would not vote for the Build Back Better Act. | Clips
This story was constructed with the SHARI Process:
- The StoryGraph Toolkit extracted URIs from the biggest story of the day from the StoryGraph service
- Hypercane performed the following steps:
- It accepted the list of original resource URIs from the output of the StoryGraph Toolkit, and queried the Memento Aggregator to find as many mementos as possible
- For resources that were not already mementos, it submitted them to web archives with ArchiveNow
- It analyzed all mementos to automatically discover the most frequent sumgrams and named entities present in the overall story
- It analyzed all images in these mementos to automatically select the best image for the overall story
- It then formatted the data for the story based on all of this input
- Raintale took the input from Hypercane and rendered the final product with information supplied by MementoEmbed