The Senate on Wednesday voted 52-48 to repeal Joe Biden’s vaccine mandate for private businesses. Democrat Senators Manchin and Tester joined with the Republicans and voted to overturn Biden’s mandate. “I’m not crazy about mandates,” Tester told NBC News before the vote, later calling the federal requirements “burdensome regulations.” However, the resolution will likely be…
Several Democrats joined Republicans in a symbolic rebuke of the Biden administration’s vaccine or testing mandate for businesses.
Most Democrats blasted the repeal effort as “ridiculous” and “anti-science,” and warned it would prolong the pandemic and facilitate the emergence of new Covid variants.
The action was largely symbolic, but it allowed Republicans to press an attack on Democrats that is likely to be central to their midterm election campaigns.
On Wednesday night, the US Senate voted to overturn Joe Biden’s Covid-19 vaccine mandate for private businesses with 100 or more employees. The resolution was first introduced by Sen. Mike Braun (R-IN) and needed just a simple majority to make it through the Upper House. Two Democrats, Sen. John Tester (MT) and Sen. Joe Manchin…
The Senate voted Wednesday night to overturn President Joe Biden's Covid-19 vaccine or testing mandate for private businesses with 100 or more employees.
The message from Capitol Hill on Wednesday night was clear. Nearly two years after the pandemic began, with a new coronavirus variant sweeping the US, the search for bipartisan political consensus on the way forward continues, with no end in sight.
The U.S. Senate voted 52-48 in favor of repealing President Joe Biden's federal vaccine mandate for private businesses.
This story was constructed with the SHARI Process:
- The StoryGraph Toolkit extracted URIs from the biggest story of the day from the StoryGraph service
- Hypercane performed the following steps:
- It accepted the list of original resource URIs from the output of the StoryGraph Toolkit, and queried the Memento Aggregator to find as many mementos as possible
- For resources that were not already mementos, it submitted them to web archives with ArchiveNow
- It analyzed all mementos to automatically discover the most frequent sumgrams and named entities present in the overall story
- It analyzed all images in these mementos to automatically select the best image for the overall story
- It then formatted the data for the story based on all of this input
- Raintale took the input from Hypercane and rendered the final product with information supplied by MementoEmbed