The House voted for a resolution on Wednesday that both censures Republican Rep. Paul Gosar and removes him from his committee assignments.
Rep. Paul Gosar (R-AZ) is telling right-wing media that Speaker Pelosi is going to bring a resolution to the House floor to strip him of his committee assignments.
Kevin McCarthy couldn't calm down the far-right Trumpers in his caucus who want those GOPers who voted for infrastructure punished.
The far-right Arizona congressman, who was the keynote speaker at a white nationalist conference earlier this year, has not apologized for the video.
Democrats are also planning a vote to remove him from both of his committees.
House Democrats advanced a measure on Tuesday to censure Rep. Paul Gosar and strip him of his committee assignments in response to an animated video he posted that depicted him killing Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez with a sword.
The move comes more than a week after Gosar tweeted an altered anime video that depicted him killing Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-N.Y.) and swinging two swords at President Biden.
This story was constructed with the SHARI Process:
- The StoryGraph Toolkit extracted URIs from the biggest story of the day from the StoryGraph service
- Hypercane performed the following steps:
- It accepted the list of original resource URIs from the output of the StoryGraph Toolkit, and queried the Memento Aggregator to find as many mementos as possible
- For resources that were not already mementos, it submitted them to web archives with ArchiveNow
- It analyzed all mementos to automatically discover the most frequent sumgrams and named entities present in the overall story
- It analyzed all images in these mementos to automatically select the best image for the overall story
- It then formatted the data for the story based on all of this input
- Raintale took the input from Hypercane and rendered the final product with information supplied by MementoEmbed