The biggest climate conference in history was a tiny step toward solving a gargantuan problem.
India succeeded in loosening language around coal emissions at the last minute.
After four years of taking a backseat role under Donald Trump, the Biden team was a driving force at the Glasgow COP26 talks. But winning a strong global agreement remains difficult.
World leaders from nearly 200 countries have struck a deal at the COP26 climate change conference, a hard-fought victory after two weeks of discussion.
Some activists called the agreement in Glasgow disappointing, but it established a clear consensus that all countries need to do much more.
After running a day past its scheduled end date, COP26 ended with a signed agreement, though many called it disappointing.
World leaders have reached a deal at the United Nations Climate Change Conference (COP26) in Glasgow, Scotland to help combat the effects of climate change.
At issue was a late push from China and India.
Countries struck a compromise in Glasgow that pushes efforts into next year.
The U.N. climate summit in Glasgow, Scotland, known as COP26, brought world leaders, activists and other interested parties together from Oct. 31 to Nov. 13 to debate and implement solutions to climate change.
This story was constructed with the SHARI Process:
- The StoryGraph Toolkit extracted URIs from the biggest story of the day from the StoryGraph service
- Hypercane performed the following steps:
- It accepted the list of original resource URIs from the output of the StoryGraph Toolkit, and queried the Memento Aggregator to find as many mementos as possible
- For resources that were not already mementos, it submitted them to web archives with ArchiveNow
- It analyzed all mementos to automatically discover the most frequent sumgrams and named entities present in the overall story
- It analyzed all images in these mementos to automatically select the best image for the overall story
- It then formatted the data for the story based on all of this input
- Raintale took the input from Hypercane and rendered the final product with information supplied by MementoEmbed