Trump got a temporary stay blocking the 1/6 Committee from getting his documents, but the hearing will be held on November 30.
But a Trump lawyer has signaled an intent to appeal the ruling, which raises novel issues about an ex-president’s executive privilege powers.
Sen. Lisa Murkowski (R-Alaska) on Friday announced that she is running for reelection to the Senate in 2022, setting up a tough fight as former President Trump vows to unseat her.
Ex-President Donald Trump is planting his flag on a logical absurdity in his transparent bid to run out the clock on the January 6 investigation and avoid accountability for his unprecedented bid to steal power in a coup.
The House select committee investigating the Jan.
Hundreds of records are set to be released this week to the House committee investigating the Capitol riot.
Presented by Facebook
President Biden and Chinese President Xi Jinping will be holding a virtual summit on Monday,
Sen. Lisa Murkowski has announced that she will run for reelection
Donald Trump asked an appeals court to block the National Archives from sharing his presidential records with the House Jan. 6 committee.
What went on at a five-star hotel near the White House the day before the riot could be a window into how a Trump-directed plot to upend the election ended in violence at the Capitol.
The decision blocks a judge’s ruling that upheld President Biden’s authority to waive an ex-president’s claim to executive privilege as the case is being appealed.
The House select committee investigating January 6 is demanding former White House chief of staff Mark Meadows appear for a deposition and turn over documents Friday or risk a criminal contempt referral, according to a letter Thursday from panel Chairman Bennie Thompson.
A federal appeals court granted former President Trump's request to pause the release of key White House records from his presidency to the House select committee investigating the January 6 attack on the US Capitol.
Former President Donald Trump got a last-minute reprieve to stop the House select committee investigating January 6 from obtaining his White House documents as scheduled on Friday.
The fundamental question before the January 6 committee is whether they will ever, really, get to the bottom of what former President Donald Trump said and did that day -- and in the days leading up the riot at the US Capitol.
The chair, Rep. Bennie Thompson, said the former Trump chief of staff’s continued resistance to cooperating with the panel lacked any plausible defense.
This story was constructed with the SHARI Process:
- The StoryGraph Toolkit extracted URIs from the biggest story of the day from the StoryGraph service
- Hypercane performed the following steps:
- It accepted the list of original resource URIs from the output of the StoryGraph Toolkit, and queried the Memento Aggregator to find as many mementos as possible
- For resources that were not already mementos, it submitted them to web archives with ArchiveNow
- It analyzed all mementos to automatically discover the most frequent sumgrams and named entities present in the overall story
- It analyzed all images in these mementos to automatically select the best image for the overall story
- It then formatted the data for the story based on all of this input
- Raintale took the input from Hypercane and rendered the final product with information supplied by MementoEmbed