The State Department announced Friday it is sending a top career diplomat to India as the country grapples with a crippling wave of coronavirus cases.
The president's stance rejects both his predecessors' plans.
"If Congress wants to make D.C. a state, it should propose a constitutional amendment,” Sen. Joe Manchin of West Virginia said.
Sen. Joe Manchin (D-WV) said Friday he "would not be able to support" House legislation to federalize elections.
Sen. Joe Manchin (D-WV) has come out against legislation that would turn Washington, D.C., into the United States' 51st state.
The president's trip is part of series of visits around the country to promote the spending and tax plans he detailed in an address to a joint session of Congress on Wednesday.
State Department spokesperson Ned Price discussed the supplies, totaling $10 million, which are beginning to arrive in India during a press briefing Thursday.
What "denuclearization of the Korean Peninsula" really means.
This story was constructed with the SHARI Process:
- The StoryGraph Toolkit extracted URIs from the biggest story of the day from the StoryGraph service
- Hypercane performed the following steps:
- It accepted the list of original resource URIs from the output of the StoryGraph Toolkit, and queried the Memento Aggregator to find as many mementos as possible
- For resources that were not already mementos, it submitted them to web archives with ArchiveNow
- It analyzed all mementos to automatically discover the most frequent sumgrams and named entities present in the overall story
- It analyzed all images in these mementos to automatically select the best image for the overall story
- It then formatted the data for the story based on all of this input
- Raintale took the input from Hypercane and rendered the final product with information supplied by MementoEmbed