Furious over the fatal shooting of a Black man by a police officer during a traffic stop, demonstrators gathered Monday night to protest outside the police department of a Minneapolis suburb for a second night in a row.
Wright was killed by police just 10 miles away from where Derek Chauvin is on trial for the killing of George Floyd.
Brooklyn Center Police have released bodycam footage showing the moment Daunte Wright was shot by a police officer during a traffic stop in Minnesota. Police chief Tim Gannon said he believes the officer accidently drew her handgun instead of a taser in the encounter with Wright. A warning, this video is very graphic, and you may find it disturbing.
This story was constructed with the SHARI Process:
- The StoryGraph Toolkit extracted URIs from the biggest story of the day from the StoryGraph service
- Hypercane performed the following steps:
- It accepted the list of original resource URIs from the output of the StoryGraph Toolkit, and queried the Memento Aggregator to find as many mementos as possible
- For resources that were not already mementos, it submitted them to web archives with ArchiveNow
- It analyzed all mementos to automatically discover the most frequent sumgrams and named entities present in the overall story
- It analyzed all images in these mementos to automatically select the best image for the overall story
- It then formatted the data for the story based on all of this input
- Raintale took the input from Hypercane and rendered the final product with information supplied by MementoEmbed