In his first press conference as commander in chief, President Biden forcefully defended his administration’s response to the surge of migrants at the southern border and signaled he could be open to getting rid of the filibuster that is imperilin
Convening his first formal news conference Thursday, President Joe Biden stepped into a swirl of issues that have bubbled up at the two-month mark of his presidency, which has been almost exclusively focused until now on confronting the coronavirus pandemic.
Biden's first press conference message to Sen. Mitch McConnell was that Republicans need to decide to work with him or divide America, but either way, he is moving forward.
Winner: A return to normalcy. Loser: Americans still worried about the Covid-19 pandemic.
He was, however, asked if he would run for reelection in 2024.
President Joe Biden will host his first presidential press conference at the White House on Thursday.
Joe Biden’s first press conference since inauguration was littered with lies and confusion. One of the most hateful and dishonest remarks he made was that his predecessor Donald Trump was starving children at the border — inside Mexico. Joe Biden: “The idea that I’m gonna say, which I would never do, that if an accompanied…
NBC News senior political analyst Jonathan Allen remarked President Joe Biden sounded and looked tired during his first press conference.
President Joe Biden confirmed Thursday he would run for re-election in 2024, marking the first time he committed to it.
President Biden faced the press on Thursday in an extended session, taking questions at his first news conference as president.
President Biden said he expects to run for reelection in 2024.
CNN's Kaitlan Collins asks President Joe Biden about the filibuster and his plans for re-election.
President Joe Biden said Thursday during the first formal news conference of his presidency that he agreed with former President Barack Obama that the filibuster "was a relic of the Jim Crow era," but stressed his immediate focus was addressing abuse of the rule.
Scott Jennings writes that during his first press conference, President Joe Biden contradicted himself on where he stands on the filibuster. While in the past he was the biggest proponent of this US Senate tool, Biden now says it's being abused and has a racist past.
Fox News immediately shifted from blasting Biden for not having pressers to blasting him for not having more of them.
The president still stopped short of calling to abolish the procedure.
Biden saved his best answers for the questions that weren’t really asked.
This story was constructed with the SHARI Process:
- The StoryGraph Toolkit extracted URIs from the biggest story of the day from the StoryGraph service
- Hypercane performed the following steps:
- It accepted the list of original resource URIs from the output of the StoryGraph Toolkit, and queried the Memento Aggregator to find as many mementos as possible
- For resources that were not already mementos, it submitted them to web archives with ArchiveNow
- It analyzed all mementos to automatically discover the most frequent sumgrams and named entities present in the overall story
- It analyzed all images in these mementos to automatically select the best image for the overall story
- It then formatted the data for the story based on all of this input
- Raintale took the input from Hypercane and rendered the final product with information supplied by MementoEmbed