Eight people were shot dead at three metro Atlanta massage parlors on Tuesday, and one person is in custody. Follow here for the latest.
Atlanta police on Wednesday said it was too early to determine whether the shootings at massage parlors in the city constitute a hate crime.
Six of the victims at the three businesses were Asian women.
Eight people, including six women of Asian descent, were killed during three shootings in the Atlanta area.
A man suspected of killing eight people at three Atlanta-area spas was headed to Florida "perhaps to carry out additional shootings" when he was arrested Tuesday night, Atlanta's mayor said Wednesday, citing investigators.
Cherokee County Sheriff Frank Reynolds provides an update after eight people were killed in three Atlanta-area spas.
Investigators said they were trying to determine whether the shootings were connected.
Police arrested Robert Aaron Long, 21, hours after the shootings. Authorities said it's "too early" to say whether the crimes were racially motivated.
This story was constructed with the SHARI Process:
- The StoryGraph Toolkit extracted URIs from the biggest story of the day from the StoryGraph service
- Hypercane performed the following steps:
- It accepted the list of original resource URIs from the output of the StoryGraph Toolkit, and queried the Memento Aggregator to find as many mementos as possible
- For resources that were not already mementos, it submitted them to web archives with ArchiveNow
- It analyzed all mementos to automatically discover the most frequent sumgrams and named entities present in the overall story
- It analyzed all images in these mementos to automatically select the best image for the overall story
- It then formatted the data for the story based on all of this input
- Raintale took the input from Hypercane and rendered the final product with information supplied by MementoEmbed