The Biden administration is sending the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) to the U.S.’s southern border to care for unaccompanied migrant children amid a recent influx.
Duke University issued a directive requiring its undergraduate students to stay at home.
Austin Mayor Steve Adler, who's in the middle of a legal fight over his city's mask mandate, claimed businesses preferred when there was a statewide order mandating the use of facial coverings to prevent the transmission of COVID-19.
DHS Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas on Saturday directed FEMA to support efforts to help unaccompanied minors at the U.S.-Mexico border.
Homeland Security Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas announced plans to deploy the Federal Emergency Management Agency to help with the flood of migrant children who have shown up at the southern border.
Homeland Security Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas is directing FEMA to assist with the increase of unaccompanied migrant children at the border for the next 90 days. NBC News correspondent and author of “Separated” Jacob Soboroff joins MSNBC’s host of "American Voices" Alicia Menendez to discuss the move by DHS. And in Soboroff’s visit to Mexico, he reports that despite Republican leaders accusing the Biden Administration of opening borders, it’s still a difficult process for adult asylum seekers to get into the country.
DHS Chief Alejandro Mayorkas on Saturday night deployed FEMA to the Southwest border to help with the surge of unaccompanied minors thanks to Joe Biden’s disastrous immigration policies. Joe Biden reversed Trump’s “remain in Mexico” policy, promised amnesty, and allowed unaccompanied migrant children into the US which caused a surge of illegal border crossings in…
This story was constructed with the SHARI Process:
- The StoryGraph Toolkit extracted URIs from the biggest story of the day from the StoryGraph service
- Hypercane performed the following steps:
- It accepted the list of original resource URIs from the output of the StoryGraph Toolkit, and queried the Memento Aggregator to find as many mementos as possible
- For resources that were not already mementos, it submitted them to web archives with ArchiveNow
- It analyzed all mementos to automatically discover the most frequent sumgrams and named entities present in the overall story
- It analyzed all images in these mementos to automatically select the best image for the overall story
- It then formatted the data for the story based on all of this input
- Raintale took the input from Hypercane and rendered the final product with information supplied by MementoEmbed