President Biden’s attorney general nominee Merrick Garland testifies before the Senate Judiciary Committee for his confirmation hearing, vowing he is “not the president’s lawyer” but “the United States’ lawyer.” Senator Dick Durbin, the Chairman of the Senate Judiciary Committee, joins Ari Melber.
Claire McCaskill claimed that prosecuting Donald Trump for any crimes he may have committed "would merely be following the instructions of Mitch McConnell."
President Biden is putting a heavy focus on the coronavirus Monday, while the Senate holds a hearing on his pick to lead the Justice Department.
Shalanda Young, who last month was nominated as deputy director of the Office of Management and Budget, has emerged as a leading contender for the top position at the office, an official familiar with the matter told CNN, as Neera Tanden's confirmation grows even more unlikely.
Attorney General nominee Merrick Garland fought back tears on Monday during his confirmation hearing when he explained to senators on his panel why this role is important to him.
Merrick Garland, President Joe Biden's attorney general nominee, testified before the Senate Judiciary Committee on Monday, vowing to preserve the integrity of the Justice Department and to fully prosecute the "heinous" crimes committed during the attack on the US Capitol last month.
At last, Merrick Garland gets his Senate confirmation hearing.
Confirmation duels over Joe Biden's Cabinet picks have suddenly turned nasty, ringing alarm bells about the cliffhanger nature of a 50-50 Senate and bitter fights to come over the President's ambitious agenda.
This story was constructed with the SHARI Process:
- The StoryGraph Toolkit extracted URIs from the biggest story of the day from the StoryGraph service
- Hypercane performed the following steps:
- It accepted the list of original resource URIs from the output of the StoryGraph Toolkit, and queried the Memento Aggregator to find as many mementos as possible
- For resources that were not already mementos, it submitted them to web archives with ArchiveNow
- It analyzed all mementos to automatically discover the most frequent sumgrams and named entities present in the overall story
- It analyzed all images in these mementos to automatically select the best image for the overall story
- It then formatted the data for the story based on all of this input
- Raintale took the input from Hypercane and rendered the final product with information supplied by MementoEmbed