Sen. Joe Manchin (D-WV) cited concern about Biden OMB nominee Neera Tanden's "partisan tweets" as the reason that he is opposing her nomination.
House Democrats on Friday unveiled a gargantuan $1.9 trillion coronavirus relief package, the first step of codifying the proposal crafted by President Biden’s administration.
A key House committee on Friday released the Democrats' massive coronavirus relief package, pulling together President Joe Biden's stimulus proposal into a 591-page bill.
Without Manchin’s vote, Tanden likely would need at least one Senate Republican to back her in order to win approval.
A federal judge on Friday threw out a libel lawsuit filed by Rep. Devin Nunes (R-Calif.) against CNN over coverage saying he was involved an effort to dig up dirt on now-President Biden regarding dealings with Ukraine.
House Democrats on Friday released the text of the $1.9 trillion coronavirus relief package that&
Neera Tanden's nomination looks to be sinking in the quagmire of Democrat-controlled Senate politics.
A little more than one month since President Joe Biden entered office, his cornerstone legislative priority -- a $1.9 trillion coronavirus relief package -- is on the path to passage by the deadline his administration set, largely mirroring the key elements he originally proposed.
House Democrats on Friday released the full text of their $1.9 Covid-19 relief bill, which includes an increase in the federal minimum wage, direct checks for Americans making $75,000 or less a year, an extension of $400 federal unemployment benefits and more money for small businesses struggling amid the pandemic.
Democratic Sen. Joe Manchin announced Friday he will vote against Neera Tanden, President Joe Biden's nominee for the director of the Office of Management and Budget, making her confirmation unlikely given Republican resistance to her nomination.
This story was constructed with the SHARI Process:
- The StoryGraph Toolkit extracted URIs from the biggest story of the day from the StoryGraph service
- Hypercane performed the following steps:
- It accepted the list of original resource URIs from the output of the StoryGraph Toolkit, and queried the Memento Aggregator to find as many mementos as possible
- For resources that were not already mementos, it submitted them to web archives with ArchiveNow
- It analyzed all mementos to automatically discover the most frequent sumgrams and named entities present in the overall story
- It analyzed all images in these mementos to automatically select the best image for the overall story
- It then formatted the data for the story based on all of this input
- Raintale took the input from Hypercane and rendered the final product with information supplied by MementoEmbed