House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy (R-CA) is standing arm in arm with Marjorie Taylor Greene while complaining about Democrats holding Greene accountable.
No, Democrats and Republicans don’t have have a similar "extremism" problem.
House Republicans overwhelmingly rebuffed a rebellion by hard-right conservatives to toss Rep. Cheney over her vote last month to impeach Trump.
“Sadly, this is the Republican playbook,” says Rep. Ilhan Omar on the GOP effort to tie her to Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene. “Republicans cannot just wave a magic wand and attack the Black congresswoman.”
The House GOP is also wrestling over whether to keep Rep. Liz Cheney (R-Wyo.) in her leadership position after she voted to impeach Trump.
The establishment wing of the GOP won a rare and dramatic victory Wednesday night when Rep.
House Republican Conference Chairwoman Liz Cheney held on to her leadership role after a contentious, four-hour “family meeting” among GOP lawmakers on the party’s direction in the post-Trump era.
House Republican Conference Chairwoman Liz Cheney refused to apologize for voting to impeach former President Donald Trump. Embattled freshman and staunch Trump supporter Marjorie Taylor Greene got a standing ovation from some GOP lawmakers for battling Democratic efforts to strip the Republican…
UPDATE— Liz Cheney held on to her position in House Leadership on Wednesday following a secret ballot. Republican lawmakers chose Liz Cheney over their voters. Previously———- President Trump won the largest ever Republican vote in US history and picked up Latinos, Blacks, Gays, Immigrants, and Democrat voters in the process. If not for the fraud…
GOP lawmakers reportedly gave Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene a standing ovation Wednesday night at the Republican Conference meeting. This was reportedly after Marjorie apologized for previous positions and social media posts. Fwiw other sources saying it was likely less than half the conference but all say it was a substantial chunk of the conference. And…
House Democrats will vote on whether to strip the newly elected lawmaker of her committee assignments after saying they saw “no alternative.”
Rep. Liz Cheney will remain in House Republican leadership after vote to remove her fails 145-61.
Liz Cheney survived a leadership challenge Wednesday night after most Republicans voted to keep her as the third-ranking House Republican.
This story was constructed with the SHARI Process:
- The StoryGraph Toolkit extracted URIs from the biggest story of the day from the StoryGraph service
- Hypercane performed the following steps:
- It accepted the list of original resource URIs from the output of the StoryGraph Toolkit, and queried the Memento Aggregator to find as many mementos as possible
- For resources that were not already mementos, it submitted them to web archives with ArchiveNow
- It analyzed all mementos to automatically discover the most frequent sumgrams and named entities present in the overall story
- It analyzed all images in these mementos to automatically select the best image for the overall story
- It then formatted the data for the story based on all of this input
- Raintale took the input from Hypercane and rendered the final product with information supplied by MementoEmbed