After Republicans refused to agree to $2,000 stimulus checks via unanimous consent, Speaker Pelosi announced that the House will pass a bill on Monday.
For Christmas this year, Washington is giving the country more pain.
Advertisements It was always assumed that Donald Trump’s pardons would be unlike any others seen in American history. And he has not disappointed. The president has pardoned war criminals, insider traders, political dirty tricksters and multiple people who have pleaded guilty to charges against them. But on Wednesday, Trump gave a different kind of pardon. … Continue reading "CNN’s Abby Phillip Says Charles Kushner Pardon Could be Precursor to Massive Trump Family Pardons"
Advertisements Donald Trump is on his way out of the White House looking like a bit of a loser. The president would much prefer to leave office on a high note. Time and time again he’s attempted to take credit for the COVID-19 vaccines. It hasn’t worked out for him. So on Tuesday night, Trump … Continue reading "Geraldo on Trump’s Stimulus Sabotage: “What the Hell Are We Supposed To Do Now?”"
A group of Republican and Democratic lawmakers from the House and Senate is calling on President Trump to sign a $900 billion coronavirus relief bill that he recently said should include bigger stimulus checks.
President Trump is irritated that Vice President Mike Pence is not committed enough to helping him overturn the election results, according to reports.
Hours before President Donald Trump retweeted a message for his vice president to "act" in stopping the ratification of the Electoral College, he met for more than an hour in the Oval Office with Mike Pence, whom he has complained recently isn't doing enough to support his bid to overturn the election.
The White House told journalists that Trump had many meetings and calls scheduled before Christmas, but CNN caught him golfing.
Pro-Trump attorney Sidney Powell said Thursday that the president's aides are preventing her from being in contact with President Trump and coordinating his efforts to overturn election results in battleground states around the country.
This story was constructed with the SHARI Process:
- The StoryGraph Toolkit extracted URIs from the biggest story of the day from the StoryGraph service
- Hypercane performed the following steps:
- It accepted the list of original resource URIs from the output of the StoryGraph Toolkit, and queried the Memento Aggregator to find as many mementos as possible
- For resources that were not already mementos, it submitted them to web archives with ArchiveNow
- It analyzed all mementos to automatically discover the most frequent sumgrams and named entities present in the overall story
- It analyzed all images in these mementos to automatically select the best image for the overall story
- It then formatted the data for the story based on all of this input
- Raintale took the input from Hypercane and rendered the final product with information supplied by MementoEmbed