Here’s what key Republican senators have said, and how the timeline could play out.
Many Republicans want a swift vote. Sen. Susan Collins, however, has argued for a different approach.
The raucous nature of the rally stood in contrast to the vigil held for Ruth Bader Ginsburg in Washington by the legions of the liberal justice’s fans.
Former Sen. Jeff Flake (R-Ariz.) said Saturday that Republicans should “hold the same position” on filling a Supreme Court vacancy in an election year as they did in 2016.
Democrats are threatening to pack the Supreme Court if Republicans fill the vacancy left by liberal Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg's death.
President Donald Trump on Saturday confirmed that he had given his "blessing" to the deal forming between Oracle and Wal-Mart with TikTok.
Supporters of President Donald Trump on Saturday chanted "Fill that seat!" when he spoke about Ruth Bader Ginsburg.
He told reporters he expects to nominate a justice — likely a woman — in the next several days.
He had threatened to shut down the China-owned company.
Pro-life leaders and abortion rights advocates see the Supreme Court vacancy as a crucial moment for the nation and for the question of life.
This story was constructed with the SHARI Process:
- The StoryGraph Toolkit extracted URIs from the biggest story of the day from the StoryGraph service
- Hypercane performed the following steps:
- It accepted the list of original resource URIs from the output of the StoryGraph Toolkit, and queried the Memento Aggregator to find as many mementos as possible
- For resources that were not already mementos, it submitted them to web archives with ArchiveNow
- It analyzed all mementos to automatically discover the most frequent sumgrams and named entities present in the overall story
- It analyzed all images in these mementos to automatically select the best image for the overall story
- It then formatted the data for the story based on all of this input
- Raintale took the input from Hypercane and rendered the final product with information supplied by MementoEmbed