Advertisements Since the early days of the COVID pandemic, Republicans have treated a number of Doctors and scientists as pariahs. The regular scapegoat is Dr. Anthony Fauci, who is regularly pilloried on Fox News. While Dr. Deborah Birx is kinder to Donald Trump, she is treated as an enemy as well. Michael Caputo recently took … Continue reading "Dem. Sen. Murray Says White House Must Ask for Michael Caputo’s Resignation"
Sponsored by The Air Line Pilots Association
Trump has undermined the government entity tasked with protecting us from a pandemic.
Michael Caputo's efforts to change CDC reports to make Trump look good could be even more complicated.
The existence of left-wing hit squads and a “resistance unit” of scientists undermining President Trump’s COVID-19 strategy were among the bizarre and unfounded theories put forward by a Trump loyalist turned top official in the Department of Health and Human Services. Michael Caputo’s Facebook Live message came after several news outlets reported that he had worked to delay or change scientific reports to make the Trump administration’s coronavirus response look better. Here’s what you should know.
Access Denied You don't have permission to access "http://www.washingtonpost.com/health/2020/09/14/michael-caputo-coronavirus-cdc/" on this server. Reference #18.660fea5.1600218069.2ef95dc...
A defining trait of Donald Trump's presidency is his incessant destruction of reason, evidence and science in the service of his personal whims, conspiratorial mindset and political requirements.
The top spokesman for the Department of Health and Human Services issued an extraordinary broadside on Sunday against career government scientists, accusing them of "sedition" in their response to coronavirus and claiming without evidence that a critical federal health agency has a "resistance unit" against President Donald Trump.
This story was constructed with the SHARI Process:
- The StoryGraph Toolkit extracted URIs from the biggest story of the day from the StoryGraph service
- Hypercane performed the following steps:
- It accepted the list of original resource URIs from the output of the StoryGraph Toolkit, and queried the Memento Aggregator to find as many mementos as possible
- For resources that were not already mementos, it submitted them to web archives with ArchiveNow
- It analyzed all mementos to automatically discover the most frequent sumgrams and named entities present in the overall story
- It analyzed all images in these mementos to automatically select the best image for the overall story
- It then formatted the data for the story based on all of this input
- Raintale took the input from Hypercane and rendered the final product with information supplied by MementoEmbed