Less than two months before the presidential election, Trump has refused to brief both the House and the Senate on election security.
The Office of the Director of National Intelligence has informed the House and Senate Select Committees on Intelligence that it'll no longer be briefing in-person on election security issues, according to letters obtained by CNN. Instead, ODNI will primarily provide written updates to the congressional panels, a senior administration official said.
Democrats won a major court decision that stops Republicans in Texans from disenfranchising millions of the state's voters on a technicality.
Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) and Rep. Adam Schiff (D-Calif.), the chairman of the House Intelligence Committee, panned the Office of the Director of National Intelligence (ODNI) on Saturday for canceling all election security briefings for Congress.
Trump threw a fit on Saturday and had a meltdown over the books that are being written about him, specifically Mary Trump's book.
The step was taken after the State Department declined to comply with several subpoenas.
The Director of National Intelligence has told lawmakers that his office (ODNI) will scale back in-person election security briefings to Congress in favor of written reports -- amid concerns that there had been leaks of sensitive information after recent briefings
The Office of the Director of National Intelligence has informed Congress that it will no longer hold in-person briefings on election safety and election interference with intelligence committees. NBC News' Ken Dilanian reports.
Director of National Intelligence John Ratcliffe on Saturday informed members of Congress that "the ODNI will primarily meet its obligation to keep Congress fully and currently informed leading into the Presidential election through written finished intelligence products."
Maryanne Trump Barry, President Donald Trump's sister, is heard on secret audio recordings made by his niece, Mary Trump, criticizing Ivanka and Eric Trump, describing the former as a "mini-Donald."
Trump canceled election security briefings so Pelosi and Schiff outed Russia as the only foreign country interfering to help Trump.
Trump hasn’t managed to prosecute his enemies yet. What if he has four more years to try?
This story was constructed with the SHARI Process:
- The StoryGraph Toolkit extracted URIs from the biggest story of the day from the StoryGraph service
- Hypercane performed the following steps:
- It accepted the list of original resource URIs from the output of the StoryGraph Toolkit, and queried the Memento Aggregator to find as many mementos as possible
- For resources that were not already mementos, it submitted them to web archives with ArchiveNow
- It analyzed all mementos to automatically discover the most frequent sumgrams and named entities present in the overall story
- It analyzed all images in these mementos to automatically select the best image for the overall story
- It then formatted the data for the story based on all of this input
- Raintale took the input from Hypercane and rendered the final product with information supplied by MementoEmbed