With Washington talks on emergency coronavirus aid having stalled, both sides are playing the blame game rather than making any serious moves to try to break their stalemate
President Donald Trump spent years pushing lies about the birthplace and presidential eligibility of President Barack Obama, the first Black president.
The Trump campaign wasted no time suggesting the first Black and Asian American woman on a major-party ticket is ineligible to serve.
Harris Is the Opposite of What Biden Needs vs. Trump | RealClearPolitics
Harris Will Have Pence for Breakfast as He Defends Racist Trump | RealClearPolitics
Biden made his stance on coronavirus face masks clear during one of the first official campaign events he's held with running mate Kamala Harris.
Media publications rushed to police criticism of Democratic California Sen. Kamala Harris after Joe Biden announced he had chosen her for his vice president.
The president amplified a false birther conspiracy by declining to refute it; a lawyer for his campaign brought attention to the matter in a tweet.
Delighted with her introduction, the campaign plans to deploy her to help reach out to groups whose support for Biden is solid but far from guaranteed.
The Democrats' appearance comes one day after the United States reported its highest number of deaths from the coronavirus in a single day since mid-May.
He breathed life into the baseless theory that Harris cannot serve in the White House because her parents are immigrants.
“I’m very confident that the Biden-Harris ticket will be a winning one, which is what our country so needs right now,” the former national security adviser said.
This story was constructed with the SHARI Process:
- The StoryGraph Toolkit extracted URIs from the biggest story of the day from the StoryGraph service
- Hypercane performed the following steps:
- It accepted the list of original resource URIs from the output of the StoryGraph Toolkit, and queried the Memento Aggregator to find as many mementos as possible
- For resources that were not already mementos, it submitted them to web archives with ArchiveNow
- It analyzed all mementos to automatically discover the most frequent sumgrams and named entities present in the overall story
- It analyzed all images in these mementos to automatically select the best image for the overall story
- It then formatted the data for the story based on all of this input
- Raintale took the input from Hypercane and rendered the final product with information supplied by MementoEmbed