In a wide-ranging interview with Chris Wallace of Fox News, Trump also declined to call the Confederate flag offensive and suggested he might not accept the results of the November election if he loses.
President Donald Trump just offered a telling glimpse into his priorities as the coronavirus lengthens its trail of death and sickness.
A damning New York Times report reveals that Birx encouraged the Trump administration to believe the virus was soon coming to an end.
The roots of the nation’s current inability to control the pandemic can be traced to mid-April, when the White House embraced overly rosy projections to proclaim victory and move on.
The president grew agitated as he was fact-checked on polling, race relations and the coronavirus response by Chris Wallace of Fox News.
Health workers assigned to care for Brazil’s Indigenous people have exposed remote communities to the virus. Some Republican leaders are starting to distance themselves from President Trump’s handling of the pandemic.
In the Rio Grande Valley, poverty and chronic illness are aggravating the coronavirus outbreak. Ambulances stack up outside emergency rooms, where patients wait for beds.
Paul Ryan claimed during a recent private event that President Trump risks losing key swing states in November's presidential election.
The Trump administration is trying to block billions of dollars in aid to the states to pay for coronavirus testing and contact tracing.
President Trump continues to press for a quick return to life as usual, but Republicans who fear a rampaging disease and angry voters are increasingly going their own way.
This story was constructed with the SHARI Process:
- The StoryGraph Toolkit extracted URIs from the biggest story of the day from the StoryGraph service
- Hypercane performed the following steps:
- It accepted the list of original resource URIs from the output of the StoryGraph Toolkit, and queried the Memento Aggregator to find as many mementos as possible
- For resources that were not already mementos, it submitted them to web archives with ArchiveNow
- It analyzed all mementos to automatically discover the most frequent sumgrams and named entities present in the overall story
- It analyzed all images in these mementos to automatically select the best image for the overall story
- It then formatted the data for the story based on all of this input
- Raintale took the input from Hypercane and rendered the final product with information supplied by MementoEmbed