“Russia’s actions were a threat to America’s democracy,” Mueller wrote in response to Trump's criticism. “It was critical that they be investigated.”
Attorney General William Barr is claiming that he recommended against clemency for Roger Stone and the DOJ had nothing to do with it.
The extraordinary decision to commute the prison sentence of an embattled adviser demonstrates how the president has managed to bend America’s legal machinery to his advantage.
Stone was convicted for lying to Congress and witness tampering in the Mueller probe.
Former special counsel Robert Mueller, in a very rare move, has written an op-ed for The Washington Post defending his office's prosecution of Roger Stone and saying he is still a convicted felon and "rightly so" in light of President Donald Trump's commutation of Stone.
Former special counsel Robert Mueller, the top lawyer who led the Russia investigation, defended his teams' findings on President Trump's associate Roger Stone on Saturday after Trump moved to commute his sentence.
Former special counsel Robert Mueller is sharply defending his investigation into ties between Russia and Donald Trump’s 2016 presidential campaign
Former special counsel Robert Mueller broke his silence Saturday and defended his Russia investigation the day after President Trump commuted the sentence of one of its targets: Roger Stone.
In an exclusive post – Roger Stone provides his response to Robert Mueller and Nancy Pelosi. Over the past 24 hours, the corrupt leader of the Mueller Special Counsel and the Speaker of the House released evil, dishonest and nasty statements regarding President Trump’s actions yesterday to commute the sentence of Roger Stone. Tonight Roger…
Senator Mitt Romney called the commutation an act of “unprecedented, historic corruption.” Attorney General William P. Barr privately argued against clemency for the president’s friend.
Breaking his silence, the former special counsel rebutted President Trump’s attacks on the Russia investigation and said Mr. Stone had been prosecuted “because he committed federal crimes.”
Robert Mueller defended his investigation of Roger Stone on Saturday after President Donald Trump commuted the prison sentence.
Former Special Counsel Robert Mueller lashed out at Roger Stone after President Trump commuted the political operative’s sentence. President Trump on Friday evening commuted Roger Stone’s sentence just days before the republican political operative was set to report to prison. 67-year-old Roger Stone was hunted down by Mueller’s crooked team of Democrat lawyers and charged…
This story was constructed with the SHARI Process:
- The StoryGraph Toolkit extracted URIs from the biggest story of the day from the StoryGraph service
- Hypercane performed the following steps:
- It accepted the list of original resource URIs from the output of the StoryGraph Toolkit, and queried the Memento Aggregator to find as many mementos as possible
- For resources that were not already mementos, it submitted them to web archives with ArchiveNow
- It analyzed all mementos to automatically discover the most frequent sumgrams and named entities present in the overall story
- It analyzed all images in these mementos to automatically select the best image for the overall story
- It then formatted the data for the story based on all of this input
- Raintale took the input from Hypercane and rendered the final product with information supplied by MementoEmbed