House Intelligence Committee Chairman Adam Schiff blasted Donald Trump and Attorney General William Barr for commuting Roger Stone's prison sentence.
The longtime GOP operative was convicted of lying to Congress, witness tampering and obstruction.
President Donald Trump went on a Twitter rampage Thursday about his former adviser Michael Flynn, flooding the zone with conspiracy theories and paper-thin allegations that crooked FBI investigators entrapped Flynn as part of a "deep state" plot.
President Donald Trump on Friday commuted the 40-month prison sentence of Roger Stone, the White House announced.
The president's longtime confidant was convicted of lying, witness tampering and obstruction in the Russia probe.
Republican South Carolina Sen. Lindsey Graham tweeted his support Friday for a commutation of Roger Stone's federal prison sentence by President Donald Trump.
NBC News has confirmed that President Donald Trump has called Roger Stone and has told him that he will commute Stone’s sentence. This does not mean Stone has been granted a pardon.
President Donald Trump commuted the prison sentence for Roger Stone on Friday.
The White House released a statement Friday night announcing the commutation of the prison sentence of Roger Stone that blasted the Mueller team’s prosecution of Stone. The statement says Trump did not pardon Stone as Stone maintains his innocence and is appealing his conviction. The statement called the pre-dawn raid by the Mueller team to…
HE DID IT! President Trump commuted Roger Stone’s sentence! BREAKING: President Trump has just commuted Roger Stone’s sentence. Congratulations Roger, And Thank you, President Trump! — Ryan Fournier (@RyanAFournier) July 10, 2020 Roger Stone is a FREE MAN! He added that he is going to continue to fight his case in the appeals court, and…
President Donald Trump on Friday commuted the prison sentence of his longtime friend Roger Stone, who was convicted of crimes that included lying to Congress in part, prosecutors said, to protect the President. The announcement came just days before Stone was set to report to a federal prison in Georgia.
Stone was convicted for lying to Congress and witness tampering in the Mueller probe.
Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-SC) took his betrayal of the United States to a new high by supporting Roger Stone not going to prison.
President Donald Trump Sunday would not say whether he will pardon several former associates who were convicted after being charged as part of the Mueller probe, including former campaign chairman Paul Manafort and long-time friend Roger Stone.
The president’s friend had been convicted of impeding a congressional inquiry that threatened Mr. Trump.
President Donald Trump has commuted the prison sentence of his longtime friend Roger Stone, who was convicted of crimes that included lying to Congress in part, prosecutors said, to protect the President. The announcement came just days before Stone was set to report to a federal prison. CNN's Kaitlan Collins has more.
This story was constructed with the SHARI Process:
- The StoryGraph Toolkit extracted URIs from the biggest story of the day from the StoryGraph service
- Hypercane performed the following steps:
- It accepted the list of original resource URIs from the output of the StoryGraph Toolkit, and queried the Memento Aggregator to find as many mementos as possible
- For resources that were not already mementos, it submitted them to web archives with ArchiveNow
- It analyzed all mementos to automatically discover the most frequent sumgrams and named entities present in the overall story
- It analyzed all images in these mementos to automatically select the best image for the overall story
- It then formatted the data for the story based on all of this input
- Raintale took the input from Hypercane and rendered the final product with information supplied by MementoEmbed