Former Vice President Joe Biden talked about the Russia bounty scandal and suggested Trump might have memory loss if he doesn't remember being briefed.
House Intelligence Committee Chairman Rep. Adam Schiff (D-CA) blasted Trump for not saying that he will get to the bottom of Russian bounty allegations.
Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) said on Tuesday that Russia should not be readmitted to the Group of Seven (G-7), breaking with President Trump, who has repeatedly floated having Moscow attend the group's summits.
It is being reported that top White House officials knew about the bounties that Russia placed on US troops as far back as 2019.
Contrasting himself with President Trump, presumptive Democratic challenger Joe Biden on Tuesday said that he won’t be holding campaign rallies going forward due to the coronavirus.
Rep. Mikie Sherrill, D-N.J., said she wants to see President Trump investigate the intelligence that Russia paid for bounties on U.S. soldiers, showing a commitment to American troops.
Former Vice President Joe Biden spoke to reporters about the country's response to the coronavirus outbreak and claimed that President Trump has "surrendered" after calling himself a wartime president.
Senator Joe Manchin (D-WV) joined Andrea Mitchell to discuss the latest intelligence reports and administration’s response to the allegations of a Russian bounty program targeting American soldiers in Afghanistan. Senator Manchin called President Trump’s invitation to Vladimir Putin to attend the G7, as well as the repeated communications between the president and Putin without bringing up the bounty issue, “unbelievable” and “unfathomable” given the intelligence.
“If it does come out as true, obviously the heartache would be terrible,” said Erik Hendriks, whose son was killed while on patrol in Afghanistan.
Joe Biden delivered remarks in Wilmington, Delaware, regarding President Donald Trump's handling of the Wuhan coronavirus panic.
Joe Biden said that Donald Trump was guilty of dereliction of duty if he was briefed on the Russian bounty, but didn't read it.
Analysts have used other evidence to conclude that the transfers were most likely part of an effort to offer payments to Taliban-linked militants to kill American and coalition troops in Afghanistan.
The information was considered significant enough that it was included in the President's Daily Brief.
President Trump has now been briefed on intelligence regarding Russian bounties on coalition forces in Afghanistan, White House press secretary Kayleigh McEnany said Tuesday.
House Democrats attended a briefing at the White House after reports that Russia offered the Taliban a bounty against U.S. troops.
Presumptive Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden said Tuesday that he “can hardly wait” to test his cognitive abilities against those of President Trump in the fall debates.
This story was constructed with the SHARI Process:
- The StoryGraph Toolkit extracted URIs from the biggest story of the day from the StoryGraph service
- Hypercane performed the following steps:
- It accepted the list of original resource URIs from the output of the StoryGraph Toolkit, and queried the Memento Aggregator to find as many mementos as possible
- For resources that were not already mementos, it submitted them to web archives with ArchiveNow
- It analyzed all mementos to automatically discover the most frequent sumgrams and named entities present in the overall story
- It analyzed all images in these mementos to automatically select the best image for the overall story
- It then formatted the data for the story based on all of this input
- Raintale took the input from Hypercane and rendered the final product with information supplied by MementoEmbed